B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Can anyone tell me how in the world to change the ridiculous wiring for the stock foglights so that you can turn them on when just the sidemarkers are on and NOT the headlights?!

2) What is the deal with the foglights turning off when the high beams are on? Does the electrical system overload otherwise or something?

- The electrically clueless bluspec

·
Registered
493 Posts
i don't know about #1, but in response to #2, it is against the law to have both the high beams on and foglights on at the same time. thus, from the factory, fog lights are wired to turn off when the high beams are on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx, meal. i thought it would have been just a matter of changing some fuses, but the wiring seems pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
One easy way is to remove the fuse for the fogs.

Tap into the power line for the marker lights

Run a line down the side and tap into the power for the fogs.

You'll have to add a slightly larger fuse to the marker lights since they're now powering more than they're mean to.

Keep an eye on it for a while, since it may blow a fuse at first (if you didn't put in a large enough one), but you don't want to jump right to a huge fuse.

I'd say tap into your markers, cause then you can run them with just the markers on. And if you blow a fuse, you just lose markers, not headlamps... which is a lot safer.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
bluspec said:
2) What is the deal with the foglights turning off when the high beams are on? Does the electrical system overload otherwise or something?
Cars are only allowed to have 4 white points of light on the front. Because of their brightness, highbeam lights cound as 2 points each. Thus, no points left for foglights. If you changed the bulbs to yellow, you could leave them on with highbeams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts