B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i'm just looking for some opinions. My friend at school has a '91 CRX, he swapped his b15 HF motor for a b16a which is rated at 162hp *i think* and he has intake and exhaust. My SE is stock right now but i will atleast have intake and exhuast before summer is out. He talks a whole lot of trash about how fast his car is and how slow my SE is... i got sick of it so i said i'd race him when we get back to school this fall. Do i have a chance?? I know he has a serious weight advantage and hp too really. Just want some feedback. thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i guess ur right :( . i dunno tho cuz he makes 162hp at like 8000rpm. I know i have a broader power band than him. and when he shifts he'll fall out of vtech... but maybe that won't make too much of a difference since he's soo much lighter.
 

·
Spec V Out - Legacy In!
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
the B16 will own you....I got owned by a 00 SI with I/H/E in my spec. And I really hope this will be done at the track. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
crx = pwning here... esp if he's cammed. 1st gear is all yours tho :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mtorsani said:
the B16 will own you....I got owned by a 00 SI with I/H/E in my spec. And I really hope this will be done at the track. :)
yea it will be done at the track. but now i dunno if i wanna go out there and get owned. what mods did ur spec have on it when u ran against the SI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lawngn0mex said:
crx = pwning here... esp if he's cammed. 1st gear is all yours tho :)
na he's not cammed.
 

·
Spec V Out - Legacy In!
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Just an intake...I had him through first...but I was shifting into 3rd when he was at like 6k in second gear. Stupid gears :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
JayMac7 said:
yea i guess ur right :( . i dunno tho cuz he makes 162hp at like 8000rpm. I know i have a broader power band than him. and when he shifts he'll fall out of vtech... but maybe that won't make too much of a difference since he's soo much lighter.
forget intake an exhuast, get a turbo, at least a t25, and then show him who's boss, nitrous will even beat him with full bolt-ons :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GT-R said:
forget intake an exhuast, get a turbo, at least a t25, and then show him who's boss, nitrous will even beat him with full bolt-ons :cool:
i don't have turbo money... i'm a poor college student. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
oh yeah! and if just happen to get you car's weight down too aleast 2300 pounds that will be good also, I have a friend who has that same exact b16 motor swap, last we weighed his '92 crx it was 1995 pounds flat! and he ran a consistant 14.5 at the track
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
JayMac7 said:
i don't have turbo money... i'm a poor college student. lol
well then get full bolt-on's and nitrous or just nitrous :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
mtorsani said:
the B16 will own you....I got owned by a 00 SI with I/H/E in my spec. And I really hope this will be done at the track. :)
no offense or nothing... but u must be a terrible driver cuz i eat up si's for breakfast lunch and dinner. i only have a cai and headers. and i've beat 00 si with i/e/h along with 04 si's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Get a turbo! LoL My friends B16 Integra KiLlz me and he just has INtake and Exhaust. Still running stock Headers. Grannit i only have intake but still.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
I know NOTHING Of this forums policys about street racing :D!!!

Actually I don't sorry guys!! just explaining how we do it in GA :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
The Driver does play alot i do have to agree with that one..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i guess bolt-ons and nitrous would be an option... but i just don't have the funds to go tubro.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top