B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can you look at 0-60 and 1/4 with CAI, cat back, and other simple bolt-ons? is drivability greatly improved?

What about short shifters? Are they too low once done? The MP3 I drove felt that way like I was trying to get something off the floor.

Thanks

Chris

G

·
You won't see a *huge* improvement over stock with basic bolt-ons in the 1/4. Perhaps a couple tenths or so. Honestly, good tires would give a more significant time reduction than the CAI or Catback exhaust. So far, the fastest basic bolt-on upgraded B15 has been ill at like 15.7 I believe. Thats not too much faster than stock. Dyno charts from the modded cars has proven that we aren't gaining that much over stock with basic bolton's. Two cars have dyno'd at 136~ to the wheels with headers, cai and catback exhaust. Stock is around 125-127. As you can see, your not gaining that much. Tires might be your best bet bang for the buck to lowering your times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much is a basic turbo setup? something to get me into the 6 sec range and maybe around 14-15 in the 1/4.

reliable power...I can turn all the necessary wrenchs myself.

thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
They don't add speed....

They help put all available power to the ground. If a car hooks up better at the starting line and in between shifts..your times for 0-60 and the 1/4 mile will be better.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i'll be taking a lil trip to the track this weekend, actually this friday to see if I can better teh 15.7 time by anything. With the decreased wheel hop and newly rotated tires to the front I should have no problem at all, i'll actually post some timeslips when i get back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts