B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pictures (go see LSE Performance if you are in the Minnesota area and want some knowledgable guys working on your stuff...)

Some of the cars lined up and waiting...

Front door to LSE

And on with the work...

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods that might have influenced this...
* Hotshot CAI
* Hotshot Header
* Bakerelectronix.com DualO2Sim
* Test pipe (no primary cat)
* Stromung Catback
* UR Crank pulley
* OE Thermoblok spacers
* Falken Azenis RT-615 mounted on 15" Konig Traffiks (running -1.8 degrees camber on both sides)
* everything else in my sig (but doubt any of that influenced the numbers)

And now for the numbers....

Some guys run N20 in their car for more power, I tried giving the dyno operator some for better numbers :D

Best pull

Pulls #1, 4, 6

·
knotrly
1,295 Posts
Not to shabby for the 'ol QG. Nice looking car, I really like the wheels.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have prefaced all of this by saying that I only went because my Autox group was having a dyno day, and I really was more there to witness a co-workers 94 Cobra (which he claimed he was told was putting down close to 400whp, and after riding in it, I wouldn't believe it was over 250). I paid for some runs so that I could see just where my car was at currently (A/F wise, but hp and tq was nice to know too).

I laughed quite a bit at the actual numbers, but keep in mind this was on a DYno Dynamics dyno (notoriously low, or so I am told). Either way, I knew it was going to be a low number going into this whole thing, so it doesn't make me want to sell all of my parts or dump the car or any other crazy crap like that. It is what it is - an automatic GXE with 174,xxx miles on it that I plan on continuing to drive to work and fly around an autox course in for as long as I can. :D

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Nice Rich! Sorry about the text message, didn't have your number saved in my phone. I was like "Who the hell is this?". That is a monster you have there, make sure you get a cage in that thing! :D

I need to get my car dynoed sometime. :(

·
knotrly
1,295 Posts
MN01GXE said:
It is what it is - an automatic GXE with 174,xxx miles on it that I plan on continuing to drive to work and fly around an autox course in for as long as I can. :D
Good way to look at it. Drive that monster into the ground.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Yours is an auto? I always thought it was a 5 speed.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pugnex said:
Yours is an auto? I always thought it was a 5 speed.
Sometimes I push the imaginary clutch to the floor with my left foot as I pretend the 20 oz soda in the cup holder is my shifter... :D:D:D

Lol, nope, sorry, mine is an automatic.

·
Registered
207 Posts
MN01GXE said:
I should have prefaced all of this by saying that I only went because my Autox group was having a dyno day, and I really was more there to witness a co-workers 94 Cobra (which he claimed he was told was putting down close to 400whp, and after riding in it, I wouldn't believe it was over 250). I paid for some runs so that I could see just where my car was at currently (A/F wise, but hp and tq was nice to know too).

I laughed quite a bit at the actual numbers, but keep in mind this was on a DYno Dynamics dyno (notoriously low, or so I am told). Either way, I knew it was going to be a low number going into this whole thing, so it doesn't make me want to sell all of my parts or dump the car or any other crazy crap like that. It is what it is - an automatic GXE with 174,xxx miles on it that I plan on continuing to drive to work and fly around an autox course in for as long as I can. :D
is that the mustang that is cleverly both a saleen and a cobra? or is this a different one? cause that guy that shows up with the double decker wing for autox, that thing is awefull!

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
putz said:
is that the mustang that is cleverly both a saleen and a cobra? or is this a different one? cause that guy that shows up with the double decker wing for autox, that thing is awefull!
That's the guy...supposedly the original owner was going to make a drag car out of it, or something like that. Its a 94 cobra with "saleen body kit and f1 biplane spoiler", supercharger stickers (but no boost), boost guage that is teed off of a vaccuum hose (so that it does something), fuel pressure guage that isn't hooked up, and a bunch or random toggle switches by the shifter that also do nothing. It put down 170whp and 200+ tq, but apparently has some exhaust leaks that he now needs to deal with. He has big plans, but little budget at the moment, so we shall see what happens with the car.

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More pics (off of something a little better than my ancient 1.3MP Samsung digital)...

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Hey Rich, do you have any pictures of your car on the dyno? I think I may have missed it. :p

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
piknockout said:
Hey Rich, do you have any pictures of your car on the dyno? I think I may have missed it. :p
Lol....its to make up for my lack of Shanno-esque member's ride threads :D

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Yeah, maybe some bigger ones??? :p

It doesn't matter how much the qg put down on the dyno, as long as you had fun doing it. It is a neat experience to run the car through its paces without it going anywhere.

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
MN01GXE said:
Lol....its to make up for my lack of Shanno-esque member's ride threads :D
you could have at least cleaned it first :D

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shanno575 said:
you could have at least cleaned it first :D
Way too lazy, way too busy lately, way too cold...pick your favorite excuse, but my autox pics from last week were just as bad :D

·
Owner
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tony22r said:
MN01GXE.. thanks for sharing.
iirc, fluid1's '01 gxe auto dynoed 83-93 whp ?
..not sure about dyno type, mods, etc.

was that "cobra" a V6 ?
Verified the VIN, the car did start life as a cobra...before it had an identity crisis and got saleen and "supercharged" stickers. Current owner bought it a few months back and appears to be trying very hard to understand what is done to the car and what he can do with it moving forward. Link to photo album from the day, including pics of the cobra: http://www.flickr.com/photos/armchairdeity/sets/72157594341428102/

1 - 20 of 104 Posts