The official 16" X 7" with a 45mm offset Rota wheel group buy thread! - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 690 Old 09-19-2004, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
SR20DE_MAN
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SR20DE_MAN Send a message via MSN to SR20DE_MAN Send a message via Yahoo to SR20DE_MAN
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up The official 16" X 7" with a 45mm offset Rota wheel group buy thread!

\( ;°д°)/ Aaaaaahhh!!!
THE GROUP BUY IS OVER! \(゚д゚ll)!!!!!

Payment info.

Remember, you will be sending out a $250 deposit now & then you will send the rest when they are ready to ship. Last day to send payments is on Friday 11/26/04. MACH III will send the order out to ROTA on Monday the 29TH. Rota should get them done quicker with a big order. They might be ready to go near the end of December! You have 2 ways to pay. Here they are:

1. PayPal: [email protected]

Don't have a PayPal account? Just go to www.paypal.com & open one up. It's really simple to use & free. The only time they charge a small fee is when you recieve money.

The Recipient's Email: [email protected]

On the Subject line, copy & paste:
Rota wheel group buy on B15 Sentra forum.

In the Note section, copy & paste either one:
Deposit money for:
Rota Slipstream
type in color here from the list below
16" X 7"
45mm offset
4 X 114.3

or

Deposit money for:
Rota Circuit 10
type in color here from the list below
16" X 7"
45mm offset
4 X 114.3

Pick a color that is available! Look at the colors below under each wheel. Don't go asking for hot pink. Also, verify that your address is correct before sending it out.

2. Call them at (415) 594-0029.

That number is in San Francisco, CA. Ask to speak with Walee Gon. You can give them your info. Make sure that you mention this group buy on B15 Sentra forum. Tell them which wheel you want & what color you want it in.

Rota Slipstream
choose color from the list below
16" X 7"
45mm offset
4 X 114.3

or

Rota Circuit 10
choose color from the list below
16" X 7"
45mm offset
4 X 114.3

You can pay them with your credit card or send a check or moneyorder to:

Mach III Sales
1507 Ocean Ave,
San Francisco, CA 94112

Wheel information starts here.

Welcome to the official Rota wheel group buy thread. After years of searching for a perfect wheel for my car, I came to the conclusion that I was pretty much screwed. I couldn’t find anything lightweight that had a proper offset, bolt pattern, & inexpensive. Most wheels that I had managed to find were either way too expensive (can you say Desmond?), hard to get, or didn’t have the proper offset that I required. Sigh….

When it comes to the 4 X 114.3 bolt pattern, the wheel aftermarket begins to suck. Needless to say, my last possible option was trying to get Rota to produce a 16” X 7” wheel with a 45mm offset. Well, after finding out that Rota already had 2 wheels in existence with the right offset, but not the correct bolt pattern, I decided to shoot a few e-mails to MACH III (www.machiii.net) to see if they could get Rota to produce the wheels in our bolt pattern. Needles to say, they can! My wheel search has finally ended!!

But why a 45mm offset?
Haven't you heard all those complaints of people rubbing in the rear when they lower their car? Well, you see, when you lower your car, you will most likely get some rubbing in the rear with the wrong wheel offset, width, & tire size. Our Sentras don’t have much room in the rear. Also, some people don’t like the hassle of rolling their fenders. Besides, our suspensions were designed with a 45mm offset in mind.

But why the hell do I want a 16” X 7” wheel?
This is a perfect wheel size for the B15. You see, there are so many tire choices in the 16” size that it’s almost overwhelming. From super expensive & ultra grippy R-compounds to super cheap & almost useless all weather crappies. It's all there!! There are more tires than you can shake a stick at. Believe me. I tried already.

But why lightweight?
Which is harder to move: a feather or a rock? Well obviously the feather, I mean, the rock is much harder to move because of the weight. Don't argue with science. Even the motor sport heads will agree. So yeah. Lighter is better.

So, what are the 2 wheels that they can produce?
These are it:

Rota Slipstream
16” X 7”
4 X 114.3 bolt pattern
45mm offset

13.5 LBS

This wheel is ONLY available in these color choices:
BRONZE
SPORTS BRONZE
STEEL GRAY
STEEL GRAY WITH POLISHED LIP
FULL POLISH STEEL GRAY
FLAT GUN-METALLIC
GUN-METALLIC WITH POLISHED LIP
CLASSIC WHITE
SILVER
FLAT BLACK

Rota Circuit 10
16” X 7”
4 X 114.3 bolt pattern
45mm offset

15.7 LBS

This wheel is available ONLY in these color choices:
BRONZE
SPORTS BRONZE
STEEL GRAY
STEEL GRAY WITH POLISHED LIP
GUN-METALLIC
CLASSIC WHITE
SILVER
FLAT BLACK

What’s the price with shipping?
Let this sink in for a second.... For the price that you pay for one set of 16" X 7" Volk Racing TE37 wheels, you can get 3 sets of these! They go for $500 a set shipped to your door. California residents will have to add tax. This is where it sucks for me.

What about shipping to Canada?
Thanks to our fellow Canadian board member, aeonrush, we we're kinda able to figure out shipping & other taxes for you guys. Shipping to Calgary is an additional $20 USD and will probably be similar to that for other major cities. The additional taxes include GST (and PST for other provinces) as well as an 8% duty tax on the value, in Canadian funds, of the items being shipped. Please contact Walee Gon MACH III ([email protected]) directly to get an actual shipping qoute. Make sure that you mention this group buy on this forum.

Does this include tires?
No. You have the option of buying some tires from MACH III (http://www.machiii.net/tires.html). This will cost more, but they will mount & balance them for free. You can mount some 215/45-16 (QG18DE, SR20DE, QR25DE), 225/45-16 (QG18DE, SR20DE, QR25DE), 205/50-16 (QG18DE, SR20DE, QR25DE), 215/50-16 (SR20DE & QR25DE), 205/55-16 (SR20DE & QR25DE), or 225/50-16 (SR20DE & QR25DE) tires on them. Notice how I put a few tire sizes in bold numbers...

What colors can I get them in?
Only the colors that are posted underneath each wheel. The lettering kinda gives you an idea on what the colors look like. You can choose any of those. Don't go asking for hot pink 'cause they're not going to have it.

Are we going to get lugs & hub centric rings?
Yes. You will be getting regular lugs, not locking lugs, & the rings at no extra cost.

Will these fit my ’04 Brembo equipped SPEC V?
Sorry, but most likely they won’t.

Now, here’s the deal. MACH III needs a 50% deposit up front ($250).

Aaaaaahhh!!!! This is such a great deal, but I don’t have any money!
Well then, this is your lucky day. I will be running the group buy for the next 60 days. After that, this is where MACH III will get their money. Yes. When the group buy finally ends, each of you MUST pay MACH III directly your 50% deposit ($250). I will post reminders on this thread as we get closer to the end of the group buy. Remember that you already had 60 days to gather up your “chips”. After you pay MACH III, it’s going to take Rota about a month or two to produce the wheels. The entire expected turnaround will most likely be about 2 months after the end of the group buy. Once MACH III is ready to ship out the wheels to you, you pay the rest ($250) & that’s it. This should give everyone plenty of time to gather up the rest of their money… errrr… “chips”. Remember. If the group buy stays open for the full 60 days, we probably won't see our wheels for another 60 days. That translates to 4 months from the beginning of this group buy to the time that you receive the wheels. Keep that in mind.

Bah! So what makes these wheels so special?
Go online & try to find a 16" X 7", 45mm offset, 4 X 114.3 bolt pattern wheel. Let's see. You have a Buddy Club wheel that goes for about $340 each wheel. You have some Desmond & Advan models that go for about the same price. Ah! You also found some cheap, but ultra heavy ATS & Sport Edition wheels. Your search is pretty much over. Either you're going to pay through the nose to get the Advan, Buddy Club, or Desmond wheels or you end up back where you were at with some heavy ATS or Sport Edition wheels. These wheels are going to be specially made for us. This is the whole reason for the group buy. These are NOT made in that bolt pattern with that specific offset. You can get the Slipstreams in a 40mm offset, but you can't even get the Circuit 10 wheels in our bolt pattern. Remember that once this is done, you will most likely not be able to get these wheels again. Try finding some 16” X 7” Rota Grids that they produced in our bolt pattern a while ago & you’ll see what I mean.

Who can I contact if I have anymore questions?
You can contact Walee Gon at MACH III by using the following methods of communication:

E-mail:
[email protected]

Phone:
(415) 594-0029

Fax:
(415) 594-0031

Old-fashioned paper mail:
MACH III
1507 Ocean Ave.,
San Francisco, CA 94112

http://www.machiii.net/contact.html

^ That’s their contact page. When contacting Walee Gon, MAKE SURE THAT YOU MENTION THE GROUP BUY ON THIS FORUM. Send a link to this thread or something. You can also send me a PM or e-mail too.

Oh man!!! This RAWKS!! Where do I sign up?
Right here on this thread. POST WHICH WHEEL YOU WANT & WHAT COLOR YOU WANT THEM IN. Once you post up what you want, it means that you’re pretty much committed to buy a set. I will be adding your name to the list. Remember! This is a once in a longtime shot to get these wheels! OK people!! Don’t fail me now! Let’s start!

List of buyers:
1. SR20DE_MAN: Slipstream (black)
2. AntonToo: Slipstream (steel gray)
3. dekab: Circuit 10 (gun metallic)
4. Lister: Slipstream (gun-metallic)
5. n0-1-GUNNER: Slipstream (black)
6. silversurfer: Slipstream (steel gray)
7. b0mberman: Slipstream (gun-metallic w/ polished lip)
8. Stumpkin: Circuit 10 (sports bronze) & Slipstream (gun-metaillc)
9. dat804boy: Slipstream (steel gray with polished lip)
10. CorNut: Slipstream (gun-metallic with polished lip)
11. Rob.Chang: Slipstream (steel gray)
12. J.Fo: Circuit 10 (sports bronze)
13. baby GT-R: Slipstream (sports bronze)
14. klohiq: Slipstream (steel gray)
15. brandondrecksage (The V-Board): Slipstream (black)
16. chloe: Slipstream (gun-metallic with polished lip)

This thread has been linked to the following sites:

Altimas Net
G20 Forum
Nissan Forums
The V Board
Wheel Specs

AS OF RIGHT NOW, THIS THREAD IS RUNNING FOR THE FULL 60 DAYS. THIS GROUP BUY WILL BE ENDING ON MONDAY 11/22/04. THIS WILL GIVE EVERYONE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET THEIR MONEY TOGETHER.

Former 2000 Nissan Sentra SE owner. Now I drive a little & underpowered "girly" NA8C car that can own many big & overpowered "manly" cars on a good chunk of canyon roads & road courses. Go NA8C! \(^o^ ) <3

Last edited by SR20DE_MAN; 02-10-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 09:20 AM
AntonToo

I'm in for GUN-METALLIC WITH POLISHED LIP or STEEL GREY WITH POLISHED LIP, can't descide between the two one is too dark another is too light if anyone finds more specs with slipstreams on make sure to link us. Also not many tires come in 215/50/16, MX's only come in 225/50/16 (9.3" cross section), think they will fit in with rear fender rolled?

Last edited by AntonToo; 09-20-2004 at 09:52 AM.
post #3 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
SR20DE_MAN
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3

Send a message via AIM to SR20DE_MAN Send a message via MSN to SR20DE_MAN Send a message via Yahoo to SR20DE_MAN
(Thread Starter)
^ Yeah. They should fit a rolled fender. I'm adding you to the list.

Former 2000 Nissan Sentra SE owner. Now I drive a little & underpowered "girly" NA8C car that can own many big & overpowered "manly" cars on a good chunk of canyon roads & road courses. Go NA8C! \(^o^ ) <3

post #4 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 12:49 PM
newguy
Licenced to Thrill

That $500 shipped price includes Canada too? Or is shipping more to Canada?
post #5 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
SR20DE_MAN
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3

(Thread Starter)
^ I don't know if there will be an extra charge for Canadian orders. I sent them an e-mail asking about that. You can also send them an e-mail too. Just click on the e-mail address that I provided in the first post. Make sure that you mention the group buy on this forum. Send them a link.

post #6 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Lister

Ya know, 13.5 is really light. I wonder if slipstreams are ok to use as daily drivers...

NOS is like a hot chick with STD's you wanna hit it but you are afraid of the consequences..
post #7 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 02:26 PM
AntonToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister
Ya know, 13.5 is really light. I wonder if slipstreams are ok to use as daily drivers...
Just make sure you use 50+ sidewall tire with 32+ psi, these rims are not known for their toughness.

My traffics are tanks though, got beat up like there's no tommrow and didn't bend at all, I'll put them up for sale soon though.
post #8 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
SR20DE_MAN
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister
They'll be fine with at least a 205/50-16 tire size.

These are 16" X 7" Rota Slipstreams with some 225/50-16 Hankook R-compounds courtesy of SpIcEz.

http://www.spicez.com/img/TRAC/Pit2.JPG

http://www.spicez.com/img/TRAC/Pit3.JPG

http://www.spicez.com/img/TRAC/Pit6.JPG

http://www.spicez.com/img/TRAC/Pit4.JPG

http://www.spicez.com/img/TRAC/Pit5.JPG

http://www.spicez.com/img/TRAC/Lap%2022-4.jpg

Here's some with some 205/50-16 tires courtesy of ChinoTooNice.

post #9 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
SR20DE_MAN
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3

(Thread Starter)
Courtesy of e2001gxe. 205/50-16

911AS 225/50-16

post #10 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
lawngn0mex

Put me down for slipstreams.. Color TBA.. it will be either Bronze, or Sports Bronze.. I can't decide. I gotta get a photochop up.
post #11 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
SR20DE_MAN
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3

(Thread Starter)
^ OK! I put you up.

post #12 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 03:43 PM
dekab

what color is the first picture of the circuit 10's
post #13 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
SR20DE_MAN
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3

(Thread Starter)
^ Regular bronze.

post #14 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 03:47 PM
dekab

sign me up for circuit 10's in bronze then
post #15 of 690 Old 09-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Tranceformer
( ´_>`)

Send a message via AIM to Tranceformer
ahhhhhhhh don't hang me with a tube sock but i'm gonna have to back out. I got a great deal on some gramlights and took it.

¯\(°_O)/¯ row row fight da powa ¯\(O_°)/¯
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: