B15 Sentra Forum banner

Evap Canister and Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve Replacement

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TrevorSmith 
#1 ·
Has anyone replaced these two before? How hard is it to replace the Evap canister? I plan on doing this tomorrow, I need to replace the Evap Canister because my bolts broke on the Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve when I was trying to remove it. Chicago winters FTL!

Code: P0149 Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve (for those who want to know, common problem on the b15s)

#3 ·
#4 ·
It's easy, but I hope you either have some spare 10mm bolts, or zip-ties to hold the new cannister on after the old bolts snap during removal.
Make sure your valve is already mounted to the cannister (or again- get extra 10mm bolts!) or else you may have to resort to silcone & zip-ties like many of us.

#5 ·
adc100 said:
Not yet. I have had a recurring problem with my fuel level sensor. Had it replaced and the code still shows up. I clear it and forget it (for a while)
Were you throwing the same code?

The code first popped up at the end of summer. It would go on and off depending on what the fuel level was. I tried to take the vacuum cut bypass valve out to clean it, but the nuts broke. Now i will be replacing both the valve, and the canister, hopefully i can get rid of this code permanently. If not, what a waste of $279 :eek:

#7 ·
KCnizmo, have you tried the cleaning procedure in that link up there? It might get you by, if you don't break it getting it off.

#10 ·
I have not done that, but some of the posters in that thread have ziptied the thing in place.

#11 ·
i had to change the whole box and valve after breaking both those tiny bolts trying to take the valve off to clean it. its just a couple bolts holging it up there behind the sheild and a matter of disconnecting all the lines comming from and going to the box. changed mine in less than 15 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.