Clutch issue, car noob, need halp. - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 01-26-2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Cory Waters

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Clutch issue, car noob, need halp.

Hey guys,
So, I was driving along the interstate the other day and my clutch decided at one point that when it went in, it was tired of the whole engaging - disengaging thing and just decided to hang out where it was at. Revs would build as if clutch was in even when it was out, and wouldn't translate into actual work. It felt very loose pushing in and out after this point, as if the clutch itself were still in and only the pedal was moving. Once I had the car parked, pumping the clutch would build up some 'pressure' if you will, but I was unable to verify that pumping the clutch did in fact make the clutch behave properly, as it would quickly fall back out after pumping.
Any idea what this might be? I am not smart enough regarding cars to really know this on my own, and am not afraid to take it to a shop for fixing because it's probably beyond the level that a Noob like myself can handle, but I was hoping I could at least get some ideas of what it might be (if I do go to a shop, I'd rather not have them tell me that it'll be 50million dollars to replace the flux capacitor)
Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-26-2015, 04:34 PM
civiceater

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Check for leaks around the master cylinder/slave cylinder. Google them for pictures and they relatively look the same. The master will be bolted onto the firewall next to the black circle thing (vacuum booster for brakes) and the slave would be on the transmission itself. Do you have any problems going in and out of gear?

03 Silver Spec-I/H/E/SS/TB mod/MMI/B&G springs/BSR/FidanzaFW/CMFX100/Nismo: LTB/RSB/FSB/Rims/Hankook Ventus V12 evo 225/45/17 [email protected]
91 Maroon 240 Coupe- Stock - smashed sold
https://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185353

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: