jerking at low rpm - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 06-07-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
c.d.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
jerking at low rpm

I can't figure this one out. I have a 2001 sentra se that jerks or hesitates when I press on the gas at low RPM. When I would let the clutch out, at the very end it would feel like a skip and I couldn't start in second gear like I used to. I thought the clutch was going bad so I changed it out. It still did the same thing, but I realized it was doing it whenever I pressed on the gas more firm even while in gear. If I lightly press on the gas or the car is higher in RPM it runs perfect. Basically it doesn't do it all the time. If I press on the gas in neutral there is no problem. I'm starting to think it might be drivetrain or engine mounts, even though they don't look bad. Anybody have an issue like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-11-2019, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
c.d.

(Thread Starter)
It also jerks randomly like a hiccup causing the RPM to drop for a second when the A/C is on. There are no codes. Any suggestions of what I should check?
post #3 of 6 Old 07-05-2019, 01:16 AM
stockbabyskylin

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.d. View Post
It also jerks randomly like a hiccup causing the RPM to drop for a second when the A/C is on. There are no codes. Any suggestions of what I should check?
I am no mechanic, but I experienced this jerking/hesitation a few months ago. I step on the gas, and the car loses power and jerks/chokes. I stopped at a parking lot, waited a bit and started the car again and it was driving fine. Three weeks ago, my check engine light came up. It jerks/hesitates under load. I got the code P0300 six times and P030 once after I reset the ECU. Changed the ignition coils and same P0300 misfire code came up. Switched ignition coils between cylinder 2 and 3 and then P0300 came up again. Long story short, it turns out to be the MAF sensor. Buy a MAF sensor cleaner for like $10 bucks and clean the MAF first. It is very simple. Took me like 15 minutes to get the car running smoothly again and the engine light hasn't come off since. Ignition coils cost like $40. I would check the spark plugs next if that didn't fix my issue. I am sure other more knowledgable experts can give you better advice and good luck on your car.

2002 SE-R Spec V

| MM | 4pt LTB | I/E | JIC A2| UR | Redline | Axxtion | ss brakelines | Powerslot slotted rotors | Hawk pads | ss clutchline and brakelines| NGK Iridium | Rota Boost | Fidanza | CM Stage 1 | 4 pt LTB | BSR |

post #4 of 6 Old 07-14-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
c.d.

(Thread Starter)
That was a good suggestion. Thanks. I thought you were on the right track. Unfortunately I tested and tried cleaning the MAF and it didn't help. I also tested the coil which on the 2.0 is part of the distributor. It has something to do with being under a load and is worse with the air conditioner on.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-02-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
c.d.

(Thread Starter)
I still haven't figured out what is causing the jerking at low RPM. It is effected by load like when the A/C is on. I replaced the IACV, I thought that would be it for sure. No luck. Distributor, plugs, wires are new. Fuel pressure is good. I replaced a couple vacuum hoses that were starting to crack. I checked and cleaned MAF sensor and throttle body. Could it be EGR, TPS? I don't have any codes. Is there a way to test the ECM?
post #6 of 6 Old 08-21-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
c.d.

(Thread Starter)
I finally got a code p0400. I thought the EGR might be bad since it didn't seem like the valve inside was moving. Its all electronic so there isn't much to clean. I replaced the EGR and am still having the same issue with the hesitation at low RPM and under a load. I checked all the pipes for clogs. I can't find a vacuum leak near the engine. The only thing I can think now is there is something near the EVAP canister. I don't know why the EGR code is coming on. Any ideas, let me know. I'm surprised nobody else has had this issue.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: