The OFFICIAL axe picture thread... - Page 3 - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 1.97 average.
post #31 of 109 Old 06-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Raverjames21
I recently bought a guitar to travel with but didnt like it when I played in a few amps. So, today I traded that guitar (Cort SG copy) towards something I had wanted for a while:

Fender Mexi Telecaster
It was dropped so the base has a tiny dent. Because of this the price was set at 50% off. I was going to buy the mexi Strat, but I couldnt pass up the deal. I will probably replace the pickups on this one with Seymour Duncan Blues pickups, as well as add a tremolo. I couldnt buy just one thing either. I bought a beastly case that will allow me to take the guitar on flights, and an amp that I have wanted for a while:

Epiphone Valve Special Class A 10w tube amp. You cant find a better sounding amp for less than $600. I cant wait to get it home and try my Les Paul on this amp. There is no replacement for the all tube tone. I am pretty worried about getting it home. I dont know how the airline will like me taking it as carry on. I was going to buy the Valve standard but I knew I could not get it home by plane. On a side note, when I was looking at which guitar to get, I was playing through a Vox all tube 212 modeling amp. I think if I keep improving at the rate I am going, I will be purchasing one of these in the near future. The Vox had one of the nicest tones for everything clean to dirty. I spent 3 hours playing my Tele today, and could easily spend 3 more.

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
C6H12O6 ---> 2 CH3CH2OH + 2 CO2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 109 Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 AM
ThePhilosopher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My tele:

My current music setup:

What it looks like in the flesh:
post #33 of 109 Old 06-22-2006, 05:51 AM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhilosopher
My tele:

My current music setup:

What it looks like in the flesh:
Thats all a little too digital for me. I could be fine with a Vox AC30 and a couple pedals.

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
post #34 of 109 Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 AM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

My Les Paul has alot of fret buzz right now. I have adjusted the bridge all I can with no success. I think I may have to take it to someone so they can adjust the neck.

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
post #35 of 109 Old 06-22-2006, 07:01 AM
KrAsH

I have an NJ Series BC Rich Bich, black body with dark wood fretboard. I'd need to get a picture...

I don't play much in the summer, though. It's more of a "rainy day/winter toy" for me.
post #36 of 109 Old 06-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrAsH
I have an NJ Series BC Rich Bich, black body with dark wood fretboard. I'd need to get a picture...

I don't play much in the summer, though. It's more of a "rainy day/winter toy" for me.
I try to play every couple of days. I get a little too busy sometimes.

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
post #37 of 109 Old 06-22-2006, 06:30 PM
ThePhilosopher

I play everyday, some days for hours others for just minutes.

I know some aren't into the whole embracing of technology movement in music; however, I did and I've loved every minute of it. Besides I'm also a producer for a local band.
post #38 of 109 Old 06-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

Quote:
I play everyday, some days for hours others for just minutes.

I know some aren't into the whole embracing of technology movement in music; however, I did and I've loved every minute of it. Besides I'm also a producer for a local band.
It isnt about wanting to be old school or accepting technology. It is about finding that tone that makes you smile. I could play solid state amps and digital devices all day, but nothing can sound just like a simple tube amp. I have tried to find something similar, but even the expensive tube crunch modeling boxes sound digital to me. There is a reason that Marshall, Vox, and Fender sell so many tube amps, and it is called tone. I never knew what I was missing until I started playing on some tube amps. Now, I dont think I will ever be able to go back. I just think some people like different things. You are probably big into effects and want a super clean sound. I prefer simplicity and a warm sound, but I dont mind some noise.

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
post #39 of 109 Old 06-23-2006, 04:12 PM
ThePhilosopher

I'll gladly admit that tube tone will always be warmer than digital; however, I've never found the tone that I've liked from a tube amp. Hell, I don't even use an amp anymore. The amount of post-processing I do is minimal; however, I do spend a good long while "inventing" my digital tone.

However, I think if you're going to record anything you will be facing a lot of processing, and it's easier for me acheive my goals than it is for you because my setup speaks a more relevanat language.

Say digital is Latin and you're getting to French there's a simple step. However, if tube is Ancient Egyptian then you've to get to Latin or Greek first.

Honestly I use an amp model and reverb and delay; however, it's what I can modify on the fly within these parameters that help me get where I want to be sonically. Check www.myspace.com/thecommonknowledgeproject . I know the recording is bad (I hadn't rehearsed in about a month on that song,) but that's the sound I'm going for.
post #40 of 109 Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

Quote:
I'll gladly admit that tube tone will always be warmer than digital; however, I've never found the tone that I've liked from a tube amp. Hell, I don't even use an amp anymore. The amount of post-processing I do is minimal; however, I do spend a good long while "inventing" my digital tone.

However, I think if you're going to record anything you will be facing a lot of processing, and it's easier for me acheive my goals than it is for you because my setup speaks a more relevanat language.

Say digital is Latin and you're getting to French there's a simple step. However, if tube is Ancient Egyptian then you've to get to Latin or Greek first.

Honestly I use an amp model and reverb and delay; however, it's what I can modify on the fly within these parameters that help me get where I want to be sonically. Check www.myspace.com/thecommonknowledgeproject . I know the recording is bad (I hadn't rehearsed in about a month on that song,) but that's the sound I'm going for.
I am not recording, nor do I have a reason to. This is a hobby and I only play what sounds good to me. If I was ever good enough to want a recording, I guess there would be some digital modeling. I will stay lowtech for now.

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
post #41 of 109 Old 06-27-2006, 09:46 AM
ShakariX
Lets Go Flyers

Send a message via AIM to ShakariX
I want to learn how to play guitar, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal to start to learn???

http://www.music123.com/Fullerton-Qu...-i223470.music

txspeccer pwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
The same politicians keep getting elected at a 97% rate. So either folks are happy with them or don't vote (and b1tch on a car forum.)
post #42 of 109 Old 06-27-2006, 10:12 AM
ThePhilosopher

post #43 of 109 Old 06-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

Quote:
I agree with him>^^^

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
post #44 of 109 Old 07-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Raverjames21
Bootlegger

I need some advice from the fellow guitar lovers out there. I am looking to buy a new guitar soon but cant choose which one I like better. I am trying to decide between a Fender Highway 1 Strat or a Fender Koa Strat.

The Highway 1 is just a basic american strat, and costs ~$630. It has nothing fancy, but it is an american fender and I can add better pickups down the road.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item-...--m-02_46.html

The Koa Strat is a Koa wood custom strat with Seymour Duncan Alnico II pickups. It's downfall is that it is made in Korea. It already has great pickups but I could never change the fact that it is a non-american fender. It costs $699 so it is also more money.
http://www.americanmusical.com/item-...--m-02_46.html

What should I choose and why?

2011 Yugo
Will drink for beer!
post #45 of 109 Old 07-29-2006, 03:31 PM
ThePhilosopher

American made guitars are highly overrated imo. Mexi/Japanese built guitars are phenomenal. I bought a Mexican tele and I'll probably by another one to hotrod out a bit.

Between those two you must figure it'd cost you a lot more than $60 to add the pickups yourself.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: