Anyone plan to keep their sentra forever? - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Pelko

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone plan to keep their sentra forever?

I think I am keeping my SpecV forever, I drive multiple cars all the time and sometimes switch with my friends.. and I still haven't driven anything that matches my SpecV, even my friends with BMWs fight for driving it. At 95k miles it is as clean as it gets, goes low 14s, gets 24mpg.. has an amazing ride if you like the stiff sporty feel, the best steering, best sound (aftermarket!), best shifter feel (aftermarket too), and has been the most reliable out of all of them!

In a couple years I'll sell my G35 and possibly buy an STI, but the SpecV will stay with me forever I really enjoy driving a simple, relatively light, short geared, powerful car...

I understand if you hate your sentra, but who else plans on keeping it forever?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM
thesammy

Garage
I have thought of myself being in this category. I genuinely love this car, but for me it's a little different since it's my first and I haven't driven many others.

Aesthetically I love it, and the fact that no one expects much out of a Sentra.

As of right now I plan on buying a second car when I graduate/ get a job in the next 2 years hopefully, and then go to town with the Sentra.

Performance: I/H/MP/E/Knock Sensor/BSR Kit/MMI's/$7WHA/STS/Shifter bushings/SS clutch/ 17x7 O.Z Ultraleggeras with 225/45/17 P960 AS Pole Possitions
Suspension: Nismo R-tune bushing kit/Nismo RSB/FSB/LTB/4pt trunk bar/6k BC Racing Coilovers

More to come...
post #3 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 AM
RadioBoy
No Disassemble!

7 years, 39k miles, 27mpg hwy, and 0 car payments since 2007. I'm keeping this car for as long as possible.

'04 Spec V, Bone Stock ~ Except for all the stuff I've done to it.

post #4 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 11:28 AM
MisterNuts
OGT in 92 from the 1st EP

Garage
Definitely.

Bought the car new 6 years ago, 117k now, over $10k invested, and still gets 26+mpg average with the supercharger. Plan to drive it 'til it burns to the ground.

2005 Supercharged SpecV @ 10psi
post #5 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
MarcAtArkon

+1 to that. For all I've been through with this car, it's a part of the family lol. My GF hates her for stranding us in Vegas a few years ago, but even she understands how much I love this car. New motor @82K and I've yet to roll over 87K so she's got a lot of life left in her. With all the problems, I'm sure at some point my '02 will be a rare car,lol. Maybe even a classic, ha!
post #6 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
OrangeBeard

I always tell people "I'm keeping it until the wheels fall off"
Had it since Oct. 03, and it's changed it's look over the years as my style has changed. Everything still works fine...no major issues (knock on wood).

04 Spec V
Nismo: Cams, Cat-back, FSB, RSB. JWT Valve Springs, BSR. AEM CAI, MMI, B&M SS, UR pulley, 2JR Plenum, Fidanza 11lb. flywheel, Spec Stage 2 clutch. BR coilovers, 6K swift springs, Nismo wheels, Projector HIDs @ 6K, LED tails and LED turn signals
~170WHP w Cats intact, CARB-legal.
post #7 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 07:17 PM
drydupfob1

Forever seems like a long time.

But I really do like the spec, keeping it as a commuter for now.
post #8 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 07:23 PM
txspeccer

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
FWIW, I kept my Spec longer than I've owned any other car (3.5 years). Would have kept it for a few more years had it not decided to act like a Spec (i.e. implode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman0605 View Post
oh B15sentra Banned Me For No Reason Again And Its Ok Wit Me Because I Guess I Got To Be White In Order To Be Like And Talk Like Im White Too. u have the very lack of KNOWDELGE. So get cha mind right FOOLS...
post #9 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
SportE-B15
SR20DE

mine is getting all the dents repaired and getting a fresh coat of Dupont 99k Jet Black base coat clear coat. After the paint job I'm getting all the seats and carpets steamed and shampooed.

it has 123,000 and will drive it at least another 5 years until my CX9 GT is paid off. The car has been very reliable and I will not part with it to get into a second car payment.

SportE-B15 MY CAR My 85 El Camino
01 Blackout SE 5spd wP/P
Weapon R header, VRS 2.5" catback, short ram intake w/K&N, 03 Spec-V Front end.
06 Spec-V wheels, 6,000k HID, Nismo LTB, Greddy trunk bar
post #10 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Steven C.
Fast $hit box

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportE-B15 View Post
mine is getting all the dents repaired and getting a fresh coat of Dupont 99k Jet Black base coat clear coat. After the paint job I'm getting all the seats and carpets steamed and shampooed.

it has 123,000 and will drive it at least another 5 years until my CX9 GT is paid off. The car has been very reliable and I will not part with it to get into a second car payment.
My wife questioned me doing this. I am about to repaint/body work. As well as a couple of other things. I told her I intend to drive it for a while. Its all I really need for now. I may end up buying a larger sedan, but I would retain the spec-v. I know how to do everything on the car, and I am comfortable with it.

Nismo CAI/Header, FFP IM, ported TB, hondata gasket, HPmidpipe, Stromung exhaust, QRpro/SAFCII/ZT2, K-sports, 4pt underbrace
post #11 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 PM
undertakernismo
Resident Slowpoke

Garage
I don't have any plans to sell my Spec in the future. If anything, I'll keep working on it and modding it . I may buy a second car eventually but I'm keeping my Spec for as long as possible.

1. 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, Molten Silver: BPU+, daily driven, 160whp, 170wtq 15.68 @ 87.4 mph, not done yet.
2. 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, Blackout: boosted, 278 whp, 283 wtq, brother's ride
post #12 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM
superspec
the only 500whp spec-v

Send a message via AIM to superspec
ive had mine since feb. of 02 and ill probably never get rid of it just because i have so much time and money put into it. i loved the car so much that i bought a second one earlier this year for my DD beater but it does have a VQ in it. i might never sell it and later on do a big NA stroked vq.

if its jammed-force it, if it breaksin the process- it needed to be fixed anyway
post #13 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM
OkToBeR
200,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven C. View Post
I know how to do everything on the car, and I am comfortable with it.
This is a key reason. I couldn't imagine having to start over reading another forum wondering around there and not knowing **** about my car. I'm a hands on guy as much as I can be, I don't know jack about engines, but I can do just about everything else myself; exhausts, brakes, bearings, electrical, and even a little audio have been part of my journey with the Spec.

My only fear is losing the engine, but even at that, the QR isn't the most expensive to replace. Unless something catastrophic happens which is beyond normal repair (car accident) I'll be driving it.

I'm at 131,000 and counting. Bought it in August 2004. RIP '02 Molten SpecV.

2004 Sapphire SpecV - Injen intake, SR-S Header+midpipe, Kenwood head unit, NISMO wheels w/Kumho SPTs, and Thule roof rack (retired for now 150,000 miles)
How2-Brakes - How2-FrontLowerArms
2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - replacement
post #14 of 27 Old 08-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Jeff Kleb
2002 Sentra GXE Owner

My 2002 GXE is still going strong - with over 112,000 miles on it. I have owned it since new and have maintained it well. It runs excellent, gets decent fuel mileage, has proven to be rather reliable and has been PAID FOR since December of 2003.

I'm going to eventually have it repainted, will either replace or refurbish the 15" (five-spoke) factory rims and will get a few other minor glitches fixed. Heck, I may pass it onto my son when he begins driving in - Gasp! - four years from now.

Since I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado pickup as my alternate vehicle, I could probably stand to have my Sentra out of service for a week or two if necessary.

P.S. There are really a lot of nice new cars out there for sale, but think twice about it before you put your name on the dotted line; as it means "five years of ramen noodles" if times get too tough.

2002 Sentra GXE in Molten Silver; 1.8L, 5-speed, Synergy Package. In 2012, it was repainted, had new struts installed, new head gasket, new water pump, new spark plugs, new sensors, and new belts & hoses. 160,000+ "original owner" miles.
post #15 of 27 Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 AM
aed13civil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven C. View Post
My wife questioned me doing this. I am about to repaint/body work. As well as a couple of other things. I told her I intend to drive it for a while. Its all I really need for now. I may end up buying a larger sedan, but I would retain the spec-v. I know how to do everything on the car, and I am comfortable with it.
Man, 100% ditto. My girlfriend questions me putting money into my sentra all the time (like I really wanted to buy a new EGR valve)--she wants me to get a new car. And someday I might get a larger sedan, but I'll keep the old girl because I know how she works.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: