Evap Canister and Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve Replacement - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
RobSE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RobSE
(Thread Starter)
Evap Canister and Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve Replacement

Has anyone replaced these two before? How hard is it to replace the Evap canister? I plan on doing this tomorrow, I need to replace the Evap Canister because my bolts broke on the Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve when I was trying to remove it. Chicago winters FTL!

Code: P0149 Vacuum Cut Valve Bypass Valve (for those who want to know, common problem on the b15s)

2001 Sentra SE w/PP 5 Spd
2006 GTO 18s 6spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 11:06 AM
adc100
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Not yet. I have had a recurring problem with my fuel level sensor. Had it replaced and the code still shows up. I clear it and forget it (for a while)

I need to figure out a new signature.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 11:34 AM
orangelloSE-R
geezinondowntheroad

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
https://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...highlight=EVAP Maybe you could PM a couple of the more recent posters in that thread; they might be able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
I was just thinking....I've owned Nissan products built in each of the last 4 decades (70's -- 00's.) That is pretty cool. I honestly don't know why I have owned so many Nissan products. They are like herpes....they keep popping up in your life.
2002 SE-R 5 speed

post #4 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 01:37 PM
audio1der
Bow to your SE GOD

It's easy, but I hope you either have some spare 10mm bolts, or zip-ties to hold the new cannister on after the old bolts snap during removal.
Make sure your valve is already mounted to the cannister (or again- get extra 10mm bolts!) or else you may have to resort to silcone & zip-ties like many of us.

'01 SE wP/P 5spd.
Tein SS w/B15MS rear mounts, Nismo RSB, timing @ 19*, Magnaflow 2.25", ES shifter/RTA bushings, over-filled mm's, Techna-Fit SS lines w/Motul 5.1, HPS pads, Falken 912's on powdercoated 16's, dual batts, Boston Acoustics, Audioque, Silver Flute, Alpine and Phoenix Gold ICE
post #5 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
RobSE

Send a message via AIM to RobSE
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100
Not yet. I have had a recurring problem with my fuel level sensor. Had it replaced and the code still shows up. I clear it and forget it (for a while)
Were you throwing the same code?

The code first popped up at the end of summer. It would go on and off depending on what the fuel level was. I tried to take the vacuum cut bypass valve out to clean it, but the nuts broke. Now i will be replacing both the valve, and the canister, hopefully i can get rid of this code permanently. If not, what a waste of $279

2001 Sentra SE w/PP 5 Spd
2006 GTO 18s 6spd
post #6 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
kcnizm0

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have the same code it goes away at quarter tank and less of fuel. i need the valve too, but i dont feel like paying a lot for a little plastic piece. how much did the valve run you?
post #7 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 04:56 PM
orangelloSE-R
geezinondowntheroad

KCnizmo, have you tried the cleaning procedure in that link up there? It might get you by, if you don't break it getting it off.

Quote:
I was just thinking....I've owned Nissan products built in each of the last 4 decades (70's -- 00's.) That is pretty cool. I honestly don't know why I have owned so many Nissan products. They are like herpes....they keep popping up in your life.
2002 SE-R 5 speed
post #8 of 11 Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
kcnizm0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangelloSE-R
KCnizmo, have you tried the cleaning procedure in that link up there? It might get you by, if you don't break it getting it off.
thanks, no i didnt know you could clean it. I thought that if it siezed up it was done for. ill check it out tommarow. hopfully it works
post #9 of 11 Old 12-17-2008, 01:07 PM
kcnizm0

ok bolts broke taking it off what that mean do i need a new canister or can i rig it
post #10 of 11 Old 12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
orangelloSE-R
geezinondowntheroad

I have not done that, but some of the posters in that thread have ziptied the thing in place.

Quote:
2002 SE-R 5 speed
post #11 of 11 Old 12-30-2008, 02:52 PM
TrevorSmith

i had to change the whole box and valve after breaking both those tiny bolts trying to take the valve off to clean it. its just a couple bolts holging it up there behind the sheild and a matter of disconnecting all the lines comming from and going to the box. changed mine in less than 15 minutes.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: