P0183: WTB: Fuel Temperature Sensor - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
post #1 of 9 Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
OrangeBeard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
P0183: WTB: Fuel Temperature Sensor

Does Nissan or anyone else sell the Fuel Temperature sensor individually? I looked on Courtesy Parts but was only able to find the entire fuel pump assembly.

I was going to go the Pick-u-parts which is a short drive away, but that's time and effort.

04 Spec V
Nismo: Cams, Cat-back, FSB, RSB. JWT Valve Springs, BSR. AEM CAI, MMI, B&M SS, UR pulley, 2JR Plenum, Fidanza 11lb. flywheel, Spec Stage 2 clutch. BR coilovers, 6K swift springs, Nismo wheels, Projector HIDs @ 6K, LED tails and LED turn signals
~170WHP w Cats intact, CARB-legal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Steven C.
Fast $hit box

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven C.
Is that error code ( I have that one and the random misfire right now) affecting the drivability of your car at all? I feel like my car is cutting fuel close to 5k or it starts clipping. I have the same code and I had come to the conclusion I would have to go to a junk yard and get the whole assembly then re-use the "new" one's casing for the upgrade I had planned. There is NO way I am paying dealer asking price for the same piece of crap that is dying under my rear seat.

Nismo CAI/Header, FFP IM, ported TB, hondata gasket, HPmidpipe, Stromung exhaust, QRpro/SAFCII/ZT2, K-sports, 4pt underbrace
post #3 of 9 Old 09-10-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
OrangeBeard

(Thread Starter)
No, my car runs strong as ever. In your case, have you checked the Fuel pump relay? It's cheaper (~$25) and easier to replace than the Fuel Pump housing/temp sensor itself. In my case, I know I need the temp sensor since mine is not installed.

04 Spec V
Nismo: Cams, Cat-back, FSB, RSB. JWT Valve Springs, BSR. AEM CAI, MMI, B&M SS, UR pulley, 2JR Plenum, Fidanza 11lb. flywheel, Spec Stage 2 clutch. BR coilovers, 6K swift springs, Nismo wheels, Projector HIDs @ 6K, LED tails and LED turn signals

post #4 of 9 Old 09-10-2010, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
OrangeBeard

(Thread Starter)
I emailed Courtesy Parts to find out if Product SKU: 25060-B15U003 includes a new Fuel Tank Temperature sensor; I'll let you know what I find out.

04 Spec V
post #5 of 9 Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Steven C.
Fast $hit box

Any chance you could post a pic of the diagram on your relay cover? Some D!ck took mine off. Thanks.

Nismo CAI/Header, FFP IM, ported TB, hondata gasket, HPmidpipe, Stromung exhaust, QRpro/SAFCII/ZT2, K-sports, 4pt underbrace
post #6 of 9 Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
OrangeBeard

(Thread Starter)

04 Spec V
post #7 of 9 Old 09-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Steven C.
Fast $hit box

so that is the larger blue one... I'll get ordered.

post #8 of 9 Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
OrangeBeard

(Thread Starter)
Check it first; it may still be good...just a suggestion.

Also, I've ordered the part (25060-B15U003) from Courtesy parts...will let everyone know if it includes all the wiring/sensors.

04 Spec V
post #9 of 9 Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
OrangeBeard

(Thread Starter)
FYI: Product SKU: 25060-B15U003 does not include the top portion of the fuel-pump assembly (it does not look like the illustration on CourtesyParts). It is only the floater assembly/sensor that reads your remaining fuel level.

04 Spec V

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: