Need Help NOW! 2008 Won't Start - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Crazy88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need Help NOW! 2008 Won't Start

Sorry this is long, but I would REALLY appreciate any help. I'll send $10 to a paypal address if you can help me.

I just replaced a clutch on a 2008 2.0. I got it all together and started it up - I had no clutch pedal. This was no surprise as I hadn't bled it yet, just wanted to hear it run. It seemed to run fine.

Then I went through the horrible process of trying to bleed the new slave cylinder, I've never seen one like this and it's awful. If you're familiar with the process, you grasp the clutch line where it attaches to the slave cylinder on the front side of the transmission and move it back and forth while someone is holding down the clutch pedal, and you have a hose attached to the little nipple-bleeder on top of the clutch line and run it into a bottle of brake fluid and basically pump all the air out.

I was having difficulty with this because the slave cylinder end would move back and forth with the movement of the line. To stop this, I removed the starter and used a small metal bar through the starter hole to press against the back side of the slave cylinder to hold it still. This kinda worked and I think I got all the air out. So I put the starter back in, bolted the two wires to it, reconnected the battery and went to start it up.

It cranks but doesn't start. It sounded like it almost started, then nothing. I put a scanner in it and there are no codes. When I crank it I can see RPMs going up on the scanner so it isn't looking like a crank sensor problem. I can't find any loose,dirty grounds and I even tried a new cam sensor just for the hell of it. I put a spark tester on it, and this is odd, when I start cranking it over it sparks once then stops.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Crazy88; 09-19-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-20-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Crazy88

(Thread Starter)
38 views and not a single comment?

Could the timing chain have slipped? Would this not throw a code?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Crazy88

(Thread Starter)
Ok, I believe I installed the flywheel incorrectly. Apparently it must be "indexed". I know most cars have the flywheel bolts patterned so it will only go on one way but I guess this one is different. I now have the trans back off and I can see a little circle between two bolt holes on the back of the crank, but I see no marks on the flywheel to indicate what needs to line up with that circle.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-21-2019, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Crazy88

(Thread Starter)
The flywheel wasn't the problem. The whole indexing thing is a V6 issue as far as I can tell.

82 views now and nobody even has an idea???

Last edited by Crazy88; 10-05-2019 at 10:53 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-05-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Crazy88

(Thread Starter)
....perhaps someone could direct me to a site where people are familiar with Nissans?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: