B15 Sentra Forum banner

Amp ByPass How-To (*PICS*)

23K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Acidtaz2002 
#1 · (Edited)

Unplug the two harnesses, cut the elctrical tape, and peel it back

Cut the wires on the smaller harness 3" behind the harness and seperate the wiring (You will notice the - and + of each speaker are taped together allready.

Cut the wires on the remaining harness and seperate them, strip the wires.

The 2 white wires with red lines and 2 black wires are the + and - for the amp, you will not need to strip these, simply cap them along with the pink wire (amp remote).

Connect the wires and cap them accoring to this tabe...

Connect wires from the B52 Harness to the B51 Harness
B52= Smaller Harness
B51= Larger Harness

Front Left
+ Red ---> Purple
- Purple w/ Red Line ---> Green w/Yellow Line
Front Right
+ Green ---> Brown
- Red w/ Blue Line ---> Brown w/ White Line
Rear Left
+ Orange ---> Yellow w/ Green Line
- Orange w/ Blue Line ---> White w/ Orange Line
Rear Right
+ Orange w/ Red Line ---> Red w/ Black Line
- Green w/ Blue Line ---> Gray w/ Blue Line

If you don't have an easy stripper wire stripper, it will be the best $2 you ever spent. The bypass was very easy, just match up the wires and secure them in a wire nut. I removed the factory amp (every pound counts :D). The sound quality is MUCH better from the aftermarket HU after bypassing the amp.

And a special thank you to angel2167882 (Laurent) for her audio expertise input.

See less See more
#28 ·
Spec V Boi said:
So this bypass was done in order to retain the stock wiring after the addition of an aftermarket HU? The RF amp is supposedly 300W. Will most HU amplifiers be better than the RF amp? And how is the quality of the stock speakers?

Which wires do the sub run off of?

Is there any use for the RF amp after it's bypassed? Could it be bridged to run a sub?
no no, the RF amp isn't 300W, the RF system is 300W. The way Nissan rates the power on their sound systems is rediculous, what they do is take the peak (not rms) power that each speaker can handle, add them all together, and that's their power rating. It has nothing to do with how much power is actually being fed to the speakers.

And yes, most aftermarket heads will be much better than the RF head/amp setup. And the quality of the stock speakers is bad

#29 ·
Thank you very much for the wiring pin out for the amp. I just picked up an 02 spec v and didn't realize the audio situation in it. Basically the amp is shot. I was thinking about testing each wire, now I shouldn't have to! For some reason the images say they are blocked in original post. Is this because I am such a new user? Thanks I'll post more after project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.