B15 Sentra Forum banner

Custom Exhaust

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  03specps 
#1 ·
Ok I was going to buy an after market cat-back, but seeing as it only boost your hp to like 5 extra, it is a big waste of money. So now I will make my own, what would be the best custom cat-back set-up? I want it to be deep and not raspy! I am not a ricer! Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
Do you want a Cat-Back Exhaust, an Axle-Back Exhaust, or just a Muffler? Either way, if it is custom I am sure all shops will turn out different. Either way, if you buy piping that isn't rediculous like 3 inches for a naturally aspirated set-up you should be fine. And it's gonna be harder to find the sound you want since it is all custom work... You really won't know until they install it.

#6 ·
Whether it's premade or custom, the gains will be around the same. The Spec V exhaust is already pretty free flowing.

#7 · (Edited)
ok my question does make sense, I want to put 250$ into a full custom cat instead of 650$ manufactured one. Think about it! wow

#9 ·
Ok good deal I will only need one 18" resonator and it wont sound like crap with a header right?

#10 ·
i used 2 resonators to make sure it was quiet as can be. just choose a muffler that won't give you a raspy sound and you'll be fine. i have the SSAC header and my exhaust has a nice deep tone to it that isn't too loud at all.

#11 ·
CrazyRican158 said:
Ok good deal I will only need one 18" resonator and it wont sound like crap with a header right?
I got a customed cat-back exhaust system, 2.5" manderal bent aluminum piping with stock looking muffler, but it's pretty loud. It costed me 555 when I got it few years ago. I think any exhaust out there are great and they gain the most with header and intake, which all work together as a full exhaust system to free up airflow. Exhaust along doesn't do that much for our cars.

#12 ·
wow you paid 555, you got ripped off, I got quoted for 350 with a magnaflow muffler! I appreciate the comments though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.