If you HAD to replace your Spec / Sentra, what would you get - Page 2 - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #16 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
drinking12many
F*ck You Hippies

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to drinking12many Send a message via Yahoo to drinking12many
Well I loved my spec and would probably still have it if it wasnt for bambi. I did not have 90% of the issues others had and I had almost 90K on it when it was destroyed.

Im still pimping my 06 Infiniti M35 I love it best car I have ever owned for comfort, ride quality etc. But Im up to about 90 on it now and its starting to show a couple normal age issues. Gonna need new rotors soon, a squealing sound coming from steering while stopped and turned all the way to the left (havent looked into it yet), does burn a little bit of oil but its probably like a quart ever 5-6K. Overall still a great car and I should be able to pay it off next week Also Still have my 99 Wrangler its been paid off for like 3 years so I dont want to get rid of it, plus it is fun when I can drive it.

I do like the look of the new dart, but I havent seen one in person yet. AS much as I hate it I probably will have to get a quad cab F150 or something in the next year or two. Right now I really like the ecoboost F150. Need a truck more and more, and also 3 kids are tough to fit in a Jeep Wrangler in the winter. I hate putting the oldest in the front seat.

Words of Wisdom: "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 PM
hatchnet

if it wasnt for the divorce id still have my spec. the only issue i had with it was the tranny just exploded, nothing above 2nd gear. i now have a 96 civic ex 2dr and love it. 151k and not a single issue with it.
post #18 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
sentracruiser02
I-L-L......I-N-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly02SpecV View Post
And I love the sound of Subaruís. even more than Evoís.
You either love the boxer or you hate it. I personally hate it lol.

'08 Altima 3.5SE
post #19 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
ten-sec Spec
The Black Cloud

Garage
what would i replace the spec with? not sure i even want to think about that.

however if someone was driving up the road and totaled my car while i sat in my house and saw it happen through the window, what would i buy? a good lawyer because if the guy survived the crash i would drag him out the car and beat him to death LOL.

seriously though, i want a truck but gas is too expensive, so i would try to find an sti limited
post #20 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
rodslinger

Send a message via Skype™ to rodslinger
(Thread Starter)
Well I just found out today what would be my absolute last choice on the list... A Toyota Corolla.

I just picked it up as my rental for the week. This has to be the blandest, most soul sucking Ambien on wheels I've ever been in. I feel like I'm going to pass out from boredom just looking at it. Who in the hell would ever CHOOSE to buy one of these over any other car on the planet?

It's odd also in that this car seems nearly impossible to keep going in a straigt line. It seems to just wander back and forth in the lane. Very darty. Is this a design intent to help you stay awake?
post #21 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
chris_narf

G37xS coupe or G37 6MT-S coupe

If something happened to the Sentra, I'm not entirely sure I would replace it. The wife's got a 09 G37x and I've got a 88 Fiero GT as my "toy car" and a motorcycle too.

If for some reason I had to replace it with another car, it would be a G37xS coupe or a G37 6MT-S coupe, probably used. In the mean time, I'll keep funneling the money into improving the house.

- Chris
03' Blackout Spec V
post #22 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Y2K SE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I already replaced my Sentra with a 2011 Altima 3.5SR configured exactly as I wanted. The Sentra was nice, but the Altima is nicer.

Current:
2011 Navy Blue Metallic Nissan Altima 3.5SR Sedan

Previous:
2000 Heatwave Nissan Sentra SE w/ Performance Package | NISMo Suspension | NISMo 17x7.5 bronze wheels
post #23 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
adc100
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K SE View Post
I already replaced my Sentra with a 2011 Altima 3.5SR configured exactly as I wanted. The Sentra was nice, but the Altima is nicer.
The wife has a Juke right?

I need to figure out a new signature.
post #24 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
sentracruiser02
I-L-L......I-N-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodslinger View Post
Well I just found out today what would be my absolute last choice on the list... A Toyota Corolla.

I just picked it up as my rental for the week. This has to be the blandest, most soul sucking Ambien on wheels I've ever been in. I feel like I'm going to pass out from boredom just looking at it. Who in the hell would ever CHOOSE to buy one of these over any other car on the planet?

It's odd also in that this car seems nearly impossible to keep going in a straigt line. It seems to just wander back and forth in the lane. Very darty. Is this a design intent to help you stay awake?
People that don't care about driving and just want a reliable, fuel efficient car. That's why it sells like hot cakes and you see them all over. We have a 2009 Corolla LE, and I agree, it's very bland and boring, but it's also safe and reliable which makes me more at ease having my finace drive it. She couldn't care less about cars so it works for her and it gets great gas mileage. Compared to a current B16 Sentra, I think the Corolla is the winner. Plus it's not made in Mexico

I've driven the Corolla to Nashville TN and back and we didn't have any problems keeping it straight. It does have a rather floaty ride due to the tall suspension and skinny tires. Maybe it was just the road/tire combo? Who knows. The electric power steering in that car sucks.

'08 Altima 3.5SE
post #25 of 69 Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
evangelos K
El Greco

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to evangelos K
The below is NOT about a dream car but a sensible (for me) choice:

Hyundai looks better and better every day, and I would not mind a Veloster at all... especially the Turbo version. KIA is following closely too.

Sold 8/2014
'03 black spec
-K&N CAI/Stillen H/EVO Catback/UR Pulley/NISMO Suspension/4pt LTB/SS Lines/TWM SS/ES MMI, Rotas, HID Heads/Fogs
-Active & Bi-amped: SEAS LOTUS Reference HU: Clarion DRZ9255 Front: JL 300/2 to midbass, Zapco to tweeters Sub: JL 500/1, 12'' Kappa Perfect VQ, XM
post #26 of 69 Old 03-07-2012, 06:07 AM
adc100
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentracruiser02 View Post
We have a 2009 Corolla LE, and I agree, it's very bland and boring, but it's also safe and reliable which makes me more at ease having my finace drive it.
Yea..nothing wrong (for me) with a Corolla. I came close to buying one when lookinng at the SE.

If I were forced into buying an non-AWD Sedan it would be on my list. Except Civic would be probably my choice these days.

I'm all about good mileage but I need to forgo it for AWD

post #27 of 69 Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 AM
MSC-B14
Resident Geologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten-sec Spec View Post
what would i replace the spec with? not sure i even want to think about that.

however if someone was driving up the road and totaled my car while i sat in my house and saw it happen through the window, what would i buy? a good lawyer because if the guy survived the crash i would drag him out the car and beat him to death LOL.

seriously though, i want a truck but gas is too expensive, so i would try to find an sti limited
Wait...you can't afford truck gas, but you can afford gas for an STI You realize they use premium gas and get not very great gas mileage right?

I never even had a b15, but if I had to get something now it would probably be a Hyundai Sonata or Elantra. Maybe a small SUV...the Tucson, CRV or Rav 4. The compact car days are over for me. Actually if my car goes then we will probably get my wife something new (one of the above mentioned) and I drive her Corolla.

1996 200sx se - RIP
2005 Escape XLT - Stupid Uhaul
2006 Ford Fusion S
post #28 of 69 Old 03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Michael48

I'm interested in seeing how the new Toyoburu BRZ/86 GT do with reviews and what-not. Unfortunately I've heard word of them being $35,000 in Canada. May was well do an Sti at that price.

I've also looking towards the Chevy Code 130R (if it is made) as it will be a little less powerful, but if it is only $25,000 then the savings would be worth it.

I've also been interested in the Dart, but since it is replacing the Avenger I am going to wait for reviews. The Avenger generally did poorly with satisfaction.

Or heck, maybe a new transmission and a turbo for the Sentra. Either way, I want to keep the Spec V for the next two years at least.

But I suppose if I HAD to replace it right now, I would probably look around and buy a Ford Probe GT. I've owned three before and I love them. It would also be a good car to have while I wait for the ones I listed above. Feel free to flame the Probe now

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V w/ 05 QR25DE, 2JR Rear Sway bar, 2JR rear brakes.

Last edited by Michael48; 03-07-2012 at 12:35 PM.
post #29 of 69 Old 03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
adc100
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC-B14 View Post
The compact car days are over for me. Actually if my car goes then we will probably get my wife something new (one of the above mentioned) and I drive her Corolla.
I would highly recommend the CRV Its built like a tank and the K24Z7 is the best engine on the planet. And its designed for Young Soccer Mon with babies/children. It now has "almost" AWD. Oh did I mention its boring as fack to drive?

I like the My Forester much better, and its true AWD/better in snow and better handling. But the Honda will generally hold up better and probably cheaper to own.

post #30 of 69 Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Driving Illini
Engi-nerd

Send a message via AIM to Driving Illini
When my 01 SE met its demise via a Ram 3500 Cummins Dually, I replaced it with a 1992 Mazda Miata. It was right wheel drive, great handling, fun in the summer, fun in the winter, cheap to purchase, cheap to maintain/repair, reliable, and got good fuel economy.

"I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself." -Ferdinand Porsche

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: