P0131 code, replacing O2 sensor - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 02-02-2019, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Tenmaru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
P0131 code, replacing O2 sensor

Hello, recently my 2009 Sentra started throwing a couple of codes (P0131 and P0131-D6), oxygen sensor circuit low voltage bank 1, sensor 1. I had a code for the MAF months ago and cleaned it, then cleared the codes and it was OK for a couple of months. Then I got the P0131 code...cleared the codes and it went away for about two or three weeks and reappeared. I did some searching online and went to an online parts store to buy the sensor that would fix the code.

Now my question is...which sensor am I actually replacing? For whatever reason I can find almost no instructions online or on YouTube. I found one reference to the sensor being "easily accessible" but if I'm reading diagrams right, this sensor is on the back of the engine right by the exhaust manifold. Is that correct..? How should I be getting to it to replace the sensor? It seems like an easy swap if I can actually get to it. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Last edited by Tenmaru; 02-02-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-08-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Tenmaru

(Thread Starter)
Hello everyone, I was hoping I could bump this and also ask basically, do I need to get under the car to access this sensor from the bottom or can I somehow do it from the top of the car? I can't quite see how I would do that but it seems like it would be too far a reach from under the car as well. Thank you.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-05-2019, 12:39 AM
stockbabyskylin

Did you got your problem fixed? I believe we have two O2 sensors. one on the header and one but the down pipe. The one on the header can be seen by removing the heat shield. You do need to get under the car for the second O2 sensor but fairly accessible just by jacking up the car.

2002 SE-R Spec V

| MM | 4pt LTB | I/E | JIC A2| UR | Redline | Axxtion | ss brakelines | Powerslot slotted rotors | Hawk pads | ss clutchline and brakelines| NGK Iridium | Rota Boost | Fidanza | CM Stage 1 | 4 pt LTB | BSR |

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: