Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums - View Single Post - No start on 1.8L 02 GXE
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Subliminal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No start on 1.8L 02 GXE

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been here. Usually my car is relatively trouble free, with a few little exceptions.

A while back my ECM went, and I had just had surgery, so had a dealer install a new one. I think it came to about a grand...what a deal!

Anyway, my car is experiencing like symptoms again. It won't start. Cranks great, stutters occasionally, but won't start.

When the ECM goes, I understand that often times the code readers won't interface and that's how to diagnose the problem.

Well, I borrowed a code reader and just hooked it up. It connected, it searched for codes, it reported no codes stored.

Now, I did disconnect the battery a few days ago for a few hours to see if that'd help, so maybe it could have wiped codes, but you'd think it'd create a new one by not starting (and I've let 'er crank for a while).

Now, leading up to this, over the last few weeks when the car would start it would run really rough for a few seconds (like all the plugs weren't firing) and then smooth out and run like a champ. I thought it might be plugs with 120k on them, so I changed them to no avail. Then about 4 days later this issue...

So, no codes and no start.

Any ideas for me to diagnose?

Thanks a mill!

damon

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome