RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE on SPEC-V's?????????? - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum
User Tag List

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
#1 Old 09-24-2002, 08:36 PM
samuria

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
i hear ya. My contis on my spec v are always losing air. The max psi on those tires is 51 psi. I usually fill mine up to 49 all around. I found that the best for both gas mileage and performance/comfort. I don't know what the recommended setting is,but i've tried everything form 44 to 51 and that was the best for me. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-24-2002, 08:45 PM
skynyrd8

Send a message via AIM to skynyrd8
Open your driver's side rear door and look at the door frame by the rear seat. There is a sticker there with the tire pressures, mine says 33 psi all around. 49 psi sounds quite high and with that much pressure it will probably cause the middle of the tread to wear out before the outsides.

2002 Spec-V in Molten Silver
Stock - except for some nice red pedals

1987 Jeep Cherokee
Mostly stock 225,000+ miles on original drivetrain, never rebuilt.
#3 Old 09-24-2002, 08:46 PM
fishnet-V

32psi is what good for me

49psi -damn I would feel every bump

Spec V Blackout
85700miles
Aem Cai
Stromung exhaust
K.S. relocated
Mobil one oil
Mt-90 Gear oil
Original engine/tranny

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/denali797/lst?.dir=/My+Photos-Spec+V&.src=ph&.view=
#4 Old 09-25-2002, 01:00 AM
placenta

49?!!?!??! DAMN!!!

ROFL, you say 49 and comfort in teh same sentence.

i go 36-38 max.

2013 VW GTI Drivers Edition
#5 Old 09-25-2002, 06:40 AM
VanSER

SE-R here but I've got 51 PSI max Y-rated tires and when I got them from a major Michelin dealer they were balanced and filled to 41. The answer I got when I asked if this was a good number (as the inside door label specified 33 front and 30 rear) was "well, I wouldn't go past 46." ummmm....okay....

Nice superlight glide but we're talking spine-shaking ride here.

So for the last several days I've been assuming I had to get a gel-seat until I spoke to the tire dealer I should have bought from who said, no, just because it's a 51 tire is absolutely no reason to go past 40 and in fact his BMW's on 51 PSI Pilot Sport summers and not even considering comfort etc, he found he got the best handling and stability between 33 and 36. Meaning, though you definitely get gains in some areas by increasing PSI, you could be losing in others and that when it comes to a sporty car there's more to the manufacturer's recommendations than they get credit for. Sure you need to ignore door labels to get better handling on a hyandai, but we've got more, overall, going for us in the SE-R/Spec-V.

03 Blue 5-spd SE-R
205/55ZR16 Pilot Sport A/S
#6 Old 09-25-2002, 06:42 AM
chimmike
coming soon

Send a message via AIM to chimmike Send a message via Yahoo to chimmike
Re: RECOMMENDED TIRE PRESSURE on SPEC-V's??????????

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoKIng
What is the recommended pressure for the stock Cont. tyres on the Spec-V??? My Nissan dealership couldn't tell me. And another question.....do low profile tyres lose pressure quicker than normal tyres??? Just wondering while wandering.
why don't you look in the owners manual??? That's a pretty good source of info man..................and its right there...........

'07 Mazdaspeed3
#7 Old 09-25-2002, 07:15 AM
coop72982

Send a message via AIM to coop72982
i put my Kuhmo 205/45ZR16 at 35 PSI. It doesnt look like nough cause it makes the front titres look really low but I havent had any problem yet besides my front left rim lug nuts came loose and my rim almost fell of my car while doing 50 mph ....

matt

-------------------------------------
2001 Nissan Sentra SE - Gen V HotShot Header - SE-R Headlights - eBay Intake

“Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven.”
#8 Old 09-25-2002, 07:24 AM
Sentra-volution

Stay between 35-40 for normal driving. The recommended 33 is a tad on the low side. And yes, they loose a little air over time, but not more than I would consider normal.

2002 Sentra Spec V
Vibrant Blue (Best color IMO )
w/ Sport Package
------------------------------------------------
The SENTRA Evolved!!!!
#9 Old 10-09-2002, 09:06 PM
SGarlesky

I was wondering the same thing. A Week after I picked up my car, I checked my tires and they were all over inflated if you go by the decal in the door jamb. I decided to run 33psi like it said. I talked to a couple of mechanics and they said to fill it up to max pressure. No way was I going to do that so I started filling them up to about 35psi. Didn't like that too much so now I have the fronts at 35psi and the rears at 32psi.
A week or so after I got my Spec V, I noticed one of my front tires kept losing air, so I called the dealer and he said it had a pin hole in the side wall. They replaced tire no problem after waiting almost 3 weeks for them to get one. I was so paranoid about the pressure I used to check it everyday.

Spec V is gone replaced by '07 WRX.
#10 Old 10-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Zokambaa

Damn with that pressure... you'll wear out tires really quick...

the car says 33 I believe.. check the sticker on the drivers side door or driver's side passenger area over the wheel well, the sticker tells you what to use..

Remember tire pressures can vary drastically depending on how hot it is and how hard you are driving.. I've seen a difference in 5 psi even after my tires were warmed up, and my warm pressure is usually about 2-4 psi above the cold pressure...

Adding more air might let you hit corners harder.. but your traction will not be as good (I found about 32/33 in the rear and about 35 in the fronts was a good combo for sticking in the corners around here.. I went higher and I lost traction sooner allthough it felt like the tire didn't flex as much..

I hope that 51 psi was on some FUBAR gague... I found my gage to be standardized, but I've seen some gas stations gagues on the pump to be out as much as 5-8 psi..

Quote:
Originally posted by samuria
i hear ya. My contis on my spec v are always losing air. The max psi on those tires is 51 psi. I usually fill mine up to 49 all around. I found that the best for both gas mileage and performance/comfort. I don't know what the recommended setting is,but i've tried everything form 44 to 51 and that was the best for me. Hope this helps.

Ebony 2002 SE-R Spec-V Built: 04/10/01
#11 Old 10-09-2002, 09:43 PM
BrewerBob
God of All that is Slack

DO NOT INFLATE YOUR TIRES TO 51 PSI

If you like driving on ice then 51psi should be just about right for you. There will be NO sidewall roll. Some is good. None and too much are bad.

I don't know anything about drag racing but I think I've seen 26 to 28 in the front and 38 ish in the rear. If you are autoxing, start wth 40 front and 38 rear. Chalk your tires and see where they roll to. As the day and tires warm, you may hav eto readjust. 45 front and 42 rear is as far as you need to go. If you are track racing maybe a pound or two more. If you are grocery shopping and like the occasional curve in the road, go with 36 all the way around. If you are picking up Granny for Bingo Nite, go with 33.

But 51psi is NOT comfortable nor is it safe especially in the rain. If you insist on running at 51 psi please stay away from me. I don't want you hitting my car.

Southern_Shift (Car site)
The family's site
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECSen
Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them, Sam-I-am
Because Dr. Seus told me so
#12 Old 10-10-2002, 04:25 AM
muttpro

Send a message via AIM to muttpro
i actully checked my tire pressure today caus the car was pulling to the right.low and beholed the right side tires were at 20 psi took the car up to 7-11 fixed it up its good now oh yeah 35 all the way around

No complants here
#13 Old 10-10-2002, 11:21 AM
BrewerBob
God of All that is Slack

mutt,
If you were at 20psi you should have been able to see the tire was low. I'd check for nails if I were you.

Some say the tires leak, I don't think I believe that. I've never had tires leak unless there was a nailin them. And I've bought some pretty cheap tires in my day. I try to make it to at least one autox a month so I inflate to 40, run and deflate to 36. SO I couldn't tell if my tires will hold air fro 6 months without chaning.

All,
Your tire pressures can easily change 5+ psi from sitting in the driveway in the morning to checking after getting to work. Add a hot summer afternoon and autox or better yet track time and I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 pis or more difference.

Southern_Shift (Car site)
The family's site
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECSen
Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them, Sam-I-am
Because Dr. Seus told me so

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread