P2127,P2138,Poor Acceleration & Low Idle - 04 Spec V - Page 2 - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum
User Tag List

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
#16 Old 04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
undertakernismo
Resident Slowpoke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
^^^Perhaps they didn't program the ECU when they reflashed it.....mine did that when I first started it after I replaced my ECU due to killer foams, that was before I had a friend that worked at a dealer steal the Consult-II from his job for a couple of minutes to program the ECU. If you ever take it to the dealer again, request to be present when the tech plugs the Consult-II in your car and have him double-check every parameter....

1. 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, Molten Silver: BPU+, daily driven, 160whp, 170wtq 15.68 @ 87.4 mph, not done yet.
2. 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, Blackout: boosted, 278 whp, 283 wtq, brother's ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 04-22-2010, 08:33 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
I think I may take my car to autozone and have them do that with their system, they do that right?

I changed my intake to an SRI, took my throttle body off to look at it. It was really dirty so I wiped it down but I noticed when I wiped it down that it doesn't sit closed all the way. I'm hoping the new throttle body will correct that. My MAF didn't look dirty though.

My car idles at about 600 rpms now and it doesn't seem like it wants to stall..kinda scary idle though to me. I'll have to pull apart the dash this weekend and check the wires from the pedal to ecu though to make sure nothing is shorted too.

Getting somewhere atleast...
#18 Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
undertakernismo
Resident Slowpoke

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudSpcV04 View Post
I think I may take my car to autozone and have them do that with their system, they do that right?

I changed my intake to an SRI, took my throttle body off to look at it. It was really dirty so I wiped it down but I noticed when I wiped it down that it doesn't sit closed all the way. I'm hoping the new throttle body will correct that. My MAF didn't look dirty though.

My car idles at about 600 rpms now and it doesn't seem like it wants to stall..kinda scary idle though to me. I'll have to pull apart the dash this weekend and check the wires from the pedal to ecu though to make sure nothing is shorted too.

Getting somewhere atleast...
I believe they can check that. However, any adjustment has to be done with Consult-II unless otherwise specified by the FSM. Try with them first and see...

You haven't tried to do the idle relearn again, have you? That thing of the TB being partially open when off and the very low idle (our cars idle kinda low, but that's a little too low) makes me think the ECU doesn't recognize the proper positions for closed throttle and pedal released positions....

1. 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, Molten Silver: BPU+, daily driven, 160whp, 170wtq 15.68 @ 87.4 mph, not done yet.
#19 Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakernismo View Post
I believe they can check that. However, any adjustment has to be done with Consult-II unless otherwise specified by the FSM. Try with them first and see...

You haven't tried to do the idle relearn again, have you? That thing of the TB being partially open when off and the very low idle (our cars idle kinda low, but that's a little too low) makes me think the ECU doesn't recognize the proper positions for closed throttle and pedal released positions....
Yeah I did the relearn on it when i put it all back together. I go to work in the morning so I'm going to see how that goes. Thankfully i'm off this weekend so I can check for shorts in the wiring.
#20 Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 PM
undertakernismo
Resident Slowpoke

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I did the relearn on it when i put it all back together. I go to work in the morning so I'm going to see how that goes. Thankfully i'm off this weekend so I can check for shorts in the wiring.
Good. Keep us posted about how it works out. Hope you get to solve everything soon. Be well!

#21 Old 04-24-2010, 01:26 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
Ok so I don't think a wire is shorted. I didn't pull apart the dash but I had the battery disconnected for a whole day.

I reconnected it and when into Diagnostic I & II mode to clear the codes. But the code that came up was "0000". So I turned my car off then on to let everything turn on. Then started my car.

The car started and idled around 1000 to 1200 RPMs. I decided to take it around the block. I gave it a couple good revs between 2000 and 3500 rpms. I went to my next stop and then my car started idling at about 700-900 rpms.. after this stop i took it out of my housing area and gunned my car down a road redlining it. Then got to another stop. Now my car is idling at 600-700 rpms. I decided to turn around and start going back home and when I got to the next stop my car started idling between 400 -600 rpms.

Mind you, no knocking or anything in the engine and the Check Engine Light has not come on yet.

The light never came on the whole time I drove but when I got home my car was idling very low and it's abnormal to me to do that because I have a 4-1 header to a megan racing axle back set up which should have some idling sound to it. It sounded like my car wanted to bog out and I remember this has been happening everytime my car wants to go into a limp mode and barely accelerate,etc..

Am I defining a vacuum leak issue by chance?

NOTE- I did disconnect my MAF sensor while the car was on before I did this check and the car was stuttering really bad until I reconnected the MAF sensor it went back to "normal"
#22 Old 04-24-2010, 02:23 PM
undertakernismo
Resident Slowpoke

Garage
Check your vacuum hoses and see if there's a crack or tear that's causing a leak. It may be better to check with a mechanic's stethoscope.....

#23 Old 04-24-2010, 03:04 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the advice on this. My girlfriend's dad has a mechanic that does work for them really cheap so I'll see if I can get him to check the hoses. I just put in a new air filter and sprayed down my MAF with MAF cleaner too.

Just in case..this is a picture of my car when it warms up and idles..it doesn't hesitate but it sounds pretty low when sitting in one place

#24 Old 04-24-2010, 05:06 PM
maiden76

just noticed the pic of your spec idling,ive had my 05 spec from day one..my spec has always idled at the level of your spec in the pic,maybe a couple of hundred rpms higher when it gets really hot out.
#25 Old 04-24-2010, 08:27 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
That's good to know, thanks. I hope my car is stable now, but we'll see I guess.
#26 Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
undertakernismo
Resident Slowpoke

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the advice on this. My girlfriend's dad has a mechanic that does work for them really cheap so I'll see if I can get him to check the hoses. I just put in a new air filter and sprayed down my MAF with MAF cleaner too.

Just in case..this is a picture of my car when it warms up and idles..it doesn't hesitate but it sounds pretty low when sitting in one place

You know, it kinda looks like the way mine idles...I've seen my tach needle go there without any hesitation.....

Just watch it closely and get the vacuum hoses checked up anyway. If it remains stable and doesn't go into limp mode, you're good to go. Keep us posted!

#27 Old 04-30-2010, 12:59 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
So after I tried driving it again last weekend it went into limp mode again. I filed complaints about the service center and even went all the way up to Corporate about the car still not being fixed. I had to take it back to Nissan yesterday per Corporates request and apparently nothing is wrong with my car now. It idles around 600-700 but has not dropped into limp mode.

They tested it out the whole day and got no codes. Seriously WTF is going on..now nothing is wrong and I'm looking like an ***..but my parents are calling BS on the condition of my car as well as me..so if it dies on me again I'm going to take it somewhere else. Day 2 and nothing has happened to the car yet but I'm still monitoring it as I drive.

I'm saving up to either pay off this car or trade it off now..heh..Maybe I'll go for a WRX when I save up enough.
#28 Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 PM
MarcAtArkon

^^^ Hey, man, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the throttle circuits on your ECU are on their way out. When she's in limp mode, try stomping the hell out of the gas pedal and see if that wakes her up. If not, try a restart and stomp it again. Do this maybe 3-5 times and see if it shakes the limp mode off.

Long story short, the spec stranded us in vegas throwing the same codes IIRC. Thought it was the TB, so i had a buddy drive us home (to cali) and back for my spare TB. Didn't do it. Out of sheer frustration (driving 8 hrs and still 500miles from home at 3am) I cursed and stomped the living sh*t out of the pedal. Viola, it would wake back up for a few miles, then I'd have to do a rolling restart THE WHOLE WAY HOME. Eventually it got worse and worse, to where I'd have to rolling restart a few times before she'd wake up.

Previously, the day before I had been hauling @$$ from Reno to LV, doing 120ish in 105' temps. I'm thinking that f*cked with the alty, which in turn fried whatever circuits on the ECU that controlled throttle. I changed the TB, MAF, and gas pedal, no dice. It wasn't until I sourced a junkyard ecu (5L non-nats btw) and bam, up and running again.

FWIW, I've been there, it sucks, and I feel your pain.
#29 Old 04-30-2010, 02:17 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcAtArkon View Post
^^^ Hey, man, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the throttle circuits on your ECU are on their way out. When she's in limp mode, try stomping the hell out of the gas pedal and see if that wakes her up. If not, try a restart and stomp it again. Do this maybe 3-5 times and see if it shakes the limp mode off.

Long story short, the spec stranded us in vegas throwing the same codes IIRC. Thought it was the TB, so i had a buddy drive us home (to cali) and back for my spare TB. Didn't do it. Out of sheer frustration (driving 8 hrs and still 500miles from home at 3am) I cursed and stomped the living sh*t out of the pedal. Viola, it would wake back up for a few miles, then I'd have to do a rolling restart THE WHOLE WAY HOME. Eventually it got worse and worse, to where I'd have to rolling restart a few times before she'd wake up.

Previously, the day before I had been hauling @$$ from Reno to LV, doing 120ish in 105' temps. I'm thinking that f*cked with the alty, which in turn fried whatever circuits on the ECU that controlled throttle. I changed the TB, MAF, and gas pedal, no dice. It wasn't until I sourced a junkyard ecu (5L non-nats btw) and bam, up and running again.

FWIW, I've been there, it sucks, and I feel your pain.
I'm glad I haven't been the only one going through this in a way. This BS all started with the Nissan Tech refusing to replace my ECU and they still have refused to do so. I can only think that it really could be my ECU because I know i don't have a short, or else nothing would work or something would have caught on fire by now. I have a new TB assembly at home and I was thinking about replacing the MAF but the MAF does not look damaged at all nor does the connection.

I just have to figure out what kind of ECU I have if I'm going to do this on my own without Nissan eventhough it's still covered under warranty til my 80,000th mile. I'm gonna keep this thread saved in my bookmarks because you guys have given me some good pointers on where this problem may exist.
#30 Old 02-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Se-R-Vspec

CloudSpcV04, any updates to your problem?

Did the ECU replacement help you fix everything?

I have been dealing with the same problem for a couple of months now, with no luck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: