P2127,P2138,Poor Acceleration & Low Idle - 04 Spec V - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum
User Tag List

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
#1 Old 04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
CloudSpcV04

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy P2127,P2138,Poor Acceleration & Low Idle - 04 Spec V

Hello Everyone,

I've tried researching this and I could not find the issue that I am having to understand what I'm looking into. I searched google and mutliple forums but it was either finding nothing or forums with no results.

My car is throwing the P2127 & P2138 code and my car will barely accelerate and the rpms sit around 2 -3k rpms. It takes longer than normal to get to 20 mph. I believe it's in its "Safe Mode" or "Limp Mode". I tried recalibrating the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor and doing the Idle Relearn plus clearing the codes.

As soon as I took the car for a drive and tested it from 1st to 2nd gear, the ECU through off the codes yet again and my car went into the "Safe Mode". I have a CAI and Headers with full exhausts but I haven't touched anything on the car since I installed the exhaust system last year. I don't feel any unusual leaks or knocking noises either.

It's funny because the car will be completely fine when the codes are not thrown but as soon as the ECU throws a code it loses power. Everytime I've tried clearing a code in the past it always comes back up with something else so I assumed it was because of the exhaust but I'm thinking it's the ECU...I've never disconnected the MAF and I've only hydrolocked my car once about a year ago. Does it seem to be an ECU defect or does it sound like the pedal is going bad and if so when can I find a replacement or assembly?

Thanks for any help on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-12-2010, 03:15 PM
txspeccer

IIRC, the throttle position sensor (TPS) is in the throttle body. Fairly common problem.

Quote:
Everytime I've tried clearing a code in the past it always comes back up with something else
What other codes have you had in the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman0605 View Post
oh B15sentra Banned Me For No Reason Again And Its Ok Wit Me Because I Guess I Got To Be White In Order To Be Like And Talk Like Im White Too. u have the very lack of KNOWDELGE. So get cha mind right FOOLS...
#3 Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
In 2009, Crank position sensor issue, my car would not start as if I had a dead battery. Had that replaced at Nissan (out of pocket though).

Before that I had taken my car in for a recall back in 2008 I believe for the ECU reflash.
#4 Old 04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
txspeccer

EDIT: Just noticed that there's a separate code for the TPS (2135), sorry.

Quote:
oh B15sentra Banned Me For No Reason Again And Its Ok Wit Me Because I Guess I Got To Be White In Order To Be Like And Talk Like Im White Too. u have the very lack of KNOWDELGE. So get cha mind right FOOLS...

Last edited by txspeccer; 04-12-2010 at 03:28 PM.
#5 Old 04-12-2010, 03:33 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
No problem thanks for checking anyways.
#6 Old 04-12-2010, 05:26 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
So I found a multimeter in my tool box and I checked the harness on the gas pedal. It's putting out 5.05V like the service manual says, but when I check they ECU side for the specific connectors for continuity the readings are at 0V. I checked on multiple dials and they all said 0V. It results to checking the harness for a short but if I can get readings on one end and not the other then atleast I don't think it's a short.

Also I checked my ECU and whoever the idiot at Nissan was the reflashed it a couple years back didn't plug in part of the harness all the way nor did they bolt down the bracket for it so it was loose on one end. I only have 66K mi on it so I think an ECU replacement on Nissan's behalf won't be so hard to ask.
#7 Old 04-13-2010, 07:58 AM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudSpcV04 View Post
So I found a multimeter in my tool box and I checked the harness on the gas pedal. It's putting out 5.05V like the service manual says, but when I check they ECU side for the specific connectors for continuity the readings are at 0V. I checked on multiple dials and they all said 0V. It results to checking the harness for a short but if I can get readings on one end and not the other then atleast I don't think it's a short.

Also I checked my ECU and whoever the idiot at Nissan was the reflashed it a couple years back didn't plug in part of the harness all the way nor did they bolt down the bracket for it so it was loose on one end. I only have 66K mi on it so I think an ECU replacement on Nissan's behalf won't be so hard to ask.
Now that I read this. It's making me think I need to replace the pedal if I'm not getting a signal from the pedals direction.
#8 Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 AM
RadioBoy
No Disassemble!

Quote:
Now that I read this. It's making me think I need to replace the pedal if I'm not getting a signal from the pedals direction.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, it may be a continuity issue. However, ECU's can be fragile, so if it was loose and rattling around there, you may be on your way to a new one.....

'04 Spec V, Bone Stock ~ Except for all the stuff I've done to it.
#9 Old 04-13-2010, 10:26 AM
gleb_v
ShowTeam Awesomeness

Send a message via MSN to gleb_v
Quote:
...I tried recalibrating the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor...
how do you recalibrate the accelerator pedal position sensor or are you talking about the idle relearn?!?!

Well I was going to use a picture as my signature but I guess I'm not allowed...so this is my lame signature lol
#10 Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 AM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
I did the
Accelerator Pedal Position Relearn
Throttle Position Relearn (?)
and Idle Relearn in that order from the Service Manual on here. I'm trying to find it but I'm at work right now.

The recalibration is the Accelerator Pedal Position Relearn I was talking about which is turning the key on for 2 sec then off for 10 sec then on for 2 sec then off for 10 sec.
#11 Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 AM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
I think my car might be doing ok now. I was going to drive to Nissan to try and get the ECU replaced for starters but I think by replugging the ECU all the way in unlike what the techs at Nissan did as well as replug my accelerator pedal did the trick. It drove with no CEL codes today. But we shall see later on..if it goes to safe mode again then it's definitely the ECU..
#12 Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
txspeccer

Good news. Hope it stays working!

Quote:
#13 Old 04-22-2010, 02:02 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
Bad News, I got my car back and it's still giving me problems. I've lost $270 to Nissan's Stealership because they said the pedal was bad but it's still coming up with the P2138 and P2127 codes. I had taken it to them again and demanded a refund multiple times. They told me they would look into but I sent an email up to the Corporate consumer affairs to see what Corporate will offer to do now.

Just getting tired of this crap with the mistreatment at the Service Center. I didn't want to pay anymore than what I could afford so I picked up my car still dropping into limp mode. They said that the code coming up now is P0507. The code was cleared before I drove off but it went back into limp mode again.

I ordered a Reman. Throttle Body and looking for a new MAF in the mean time. I know I'm pissed at Nissan for selling me a car with multiple issues but I'm going to change my intake back to stock to see if that may help since I have a CAI. If it comes out to be a bad MAF because of my CAI then my apologies to Nissan but I've had the CAI since 2007. Cleaned the filter often and also have replaced it. Don't know why this is going on now.
#14 Old 04-22-2010, 02:19 PM
undertakernismo
Resident Slowpoke

Garage
Quote:
Bad News, I got my car back and it's still giving me problems. I've lost $270 to Nissan's Stealership because they said the pedal was bad but it's still coming up with the P2138 and P2127 codes. I had taken it to them again and demanded a refund multiple times. They told me they would look into but I sent an email up to the Corporate consumer affairs to see what Corporate will offer to do now.

Just getting tired of this crap with the mistreatment at the Service Center. I didn't want to pay anymore than what I could afford so I picked up my car still dropping into limp mode. They said that the code coming up now is P0507. The code was cleared before I drove off but it went back into limp mode again.

I ordered a Reman. Throttle Body and looking for a new MAF in the mean time. I know I'm pissed at Nissan for selling me a car with multiple issues but I'm going to change my intake back to stock to see if that may help since I have a CAI. If it comes out to be a bad MAF because of my CAI then my apologies to Nissan but I've had the CAI since 2007. Cleaned the filter often and also have replaced it. Don't know why this is going on now.
P2127 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 2 Circuit Low Voltage
P2138 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation

I read that you checked with a multimeter the ECU side for continuity with the wires coming from the pedal sensor and that it read 0V. I believe you should take a close look at the wiring for frayed or torn wires leading from the sensor to the ECU. Should everything be OK, then the problem's likely to be in the sensor itself, and in that case I think you may need to replace the pedal assembly....

As for the P0507 code, that's Idle RPM higher than expected. The idle relearn should be able to fix it....

1. 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, Molten Silver: BPU+, daily driven, 160whp, 170wtq 15.68 @ 87.4 mph, not done yet.
2. 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V, Blackout: boosted, 278 whp, 283 wtq, brother's ride
#15 Old 04-22-2010, 02:27 PM
CloudSpcV04

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakernismo View Post

I read that you checked with a multimeter the ECU side for continuity with the wires coming from the pedal sensor and that it read 0V. I believe you should take a close look at the wiring for frayed or torn wires leading from the sensor to the ECU. Should everything be OK, then the problem's likely to be in the sensor itself, and in that case I think you may need to replace the pedal assembly....
Thanks for the suggestion on that. I'll check for that to just to make sure. I know it'll be a pain most likely because of the housing on the wiring and taking apart the dash but I guess that would be it. I got the pedal replaced already so Nissan says..so hopefully in this case it's the wiring. What I do notice is that when the code is clear and I start driving, I notice my rpms getting lower and lower as I drive. Then suddenly it goes right into limp mode usually after the 3rd stop I do while driving.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: