#1 Old 09-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Inspired06SpecV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Inspired06SpecV
(Thread Starter)
Question P2A00 code

P2A00 code as title says. '06 Spec V. I have header and midpipe with the second o2 sensor on a spacer. Car ran fine for a year without any ses light issues, and now all of a sudden I can't get rid of this code. If I drive on it for an extended period of time, then I get a P2101 code also. I've tried erasing the PA200 several times, and it just keeps coming back, and then later on the P2101 comes back on top of it. Something tells me the P2A00 code is some kind of wideband sensor code? I don't know. Nissan of course blames it on the aftermarket exhaust. I've already been through one throttle body with this P2101 issue, and I don't want to go through another. I've checked the grounds and wiring for the throttle body, everything checks out fine. Cleaned all the harnesses, checked to make sure everything is plugged up right, and seems to be fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't exactly know what this P2A00 code is about, or how to fix it.

'06 Spec V ~ daily driver, auto crosser, v-tac hater

Last edited by Inspired06SpecV; 09-21-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Inspired06SpecV

(Thread Starter)
Bump. Anybody have any idea? Maybe a Nissan tech?

#3 Old 09-21-2009, 08:08 AM
orangelloSE-R
geezinondowntheroad

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
"P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction "
This is listed in the OBD code thread, but i am not familiar with that problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
I was just thinking....I've owned Nissan products built in each of the last 4 decades (70's -- 00's.) That is pretty cool. I honestly don't know why I have owned so many Nissan products. They are like herpes....they keep popping up in your life.
2002 SE-R 5 speed
#4 Old 09-21-2009, 01:26 PM
SpecVDan

just had this code, ended up being the o2 sensor in the exhaust manifold/header area. lemme find you the info i had.

after i took my car to the dragstrip i got this code, says bank 1/ sensor 1 range/performance.

got a print out from local nissan dealership
possible causes
-primary o2 sensor
-primary o2 sensor heater
-intake air leak
-fuel injector
-fuel pump

luckily i replaced the primary o2 and problem was fixed.

-2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (blackout w/ brembo and sunroof)
#5 Old 09-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Inspired06SpecV

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecVDan View Post
just had this code, ended up being the o2 sensor in the exhaust manifold/header area. lemme find you the info i had.

after i took my car to the dragstrip i got this code, says bank 1/ sensor 1 range/performance.

got a print out from local nissan dealership
possible causes
-primary o2 sensor
-primary o2 sensor heater
-intake air leak
-fuel injector
-fuel pump

luckily i replaced the primary o2 and problem was fixed.

So from the possible causes that you listed, an intake air leak could have caused your o2 sensor to freeze up? I have ported and polished intake manifolds. Maybe this could be a cause? Any more detailed info would be great.

Last edited by Inspired06SpecV; 09-22-2009 at 06:33 PM.
#6 Old 09-25-2009, 04:58 PM
SpecVDan

my oem primary o2 sensor never came out when i did the header. so i bought a bosch one. it crapped out. bought an oem nissan one and code never came back.

check all your couplers on your intake piping. reset the code and pray it doesnt comt back. if it's not that, go on down the list. i lucked out and it turned out to be my o2. your problem could be anyone of those on the list.

-2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (blackout w/ brembo and sunroof)
#7 Old 04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
DareDevil

OP, were you ever able to resolve your problem with this code?

Pork is a verb.
#8 Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Inspired06SpecV

(Thread Starter)
yes, I did; found out it was a loose connection on the TB wiring harness. I tightened up all the connection areas on the female piece, and all has been well since

#9 Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 PM
thesammy

Garage
Can you get some pics of the TB connections and such? I assume their right by the TB, but never played around in that area. Lol.

Performance: I/H/MP/E/Knock Sensor/BSR Kit/MMI's/$7WHA/STS/Shifter bushings/SS clutch/ 17x7 O.Z Ultraleggeras with 225/45/17 P960 AS Pole Possitions
Suspension: Nismo R-tune bushing kit/Nismo RSB/FSB/LTB/4pt trunk bar/6k BC Racing Coilovers

More to come...
#10 Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Frodo
What U Brewing

got this code today

Anyone else have this issue? My idle has been messed up for the past two days since it got cold out and I thought it was just the change in the weather messing with the CAI but now this PA200 code came up today. Just a few weeks ago I got the CPS sensor SES and replaced that and all was well until now. I searched Google and got multiple reasons for this code so I dont know where to start. TB, O2 sensor, Injector circuit, fuel pump? Any ideas?

Beer.............
#11 Old 09-17-2011, 12:52 AM
thesammy

Garage
Frodo, 06 spec v? Or some other 06 and higher nissan?

I have only seen this code on newer nissans, specifically 06 spec vs (since I'm on sentra forums). The only real difference from the 06 vs the 04-05 is we have a built in wideband sensor.
PA200 can be one of 2 things, although I still have not found a solution for it. The problem is this code appears in the winter, and goes away in the summer. So the colder air is a factor, and I use about 3mpg more average when it's on.

So it can either be a leak in the header/exhaust, near the first o2 sensor, or it has something to to with an intake leak.

It could also be your sensor is just going bad? But in my case, the code comes and goes sometimes every week, sometimes after a month, or when summer rolls around it's gone for almost 4 months. Lol. Idk man... It's a tricky one.

Performance: I/H/MP/E/Knock Sensor/BSR Kit/MMI's/$7WHA/STS/Shifter bushings/SS clutch/ 17x7 O.Z Ultraleggeras with 225/45/17 P960 AS Pole Possitions
Suspension: Nismo R-tune bushing kit/Nismo RSB/FSB/LTB/4pt trunk bar/6k BC Racing Coilovers

More to come...
#12 Old 09-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Frodo
What U Brewing

06 Spec-V. I changed out my 2nd O2 sensor since it really looked bad last night and the car drove better until I was just out at lunch and the SES is back and the car is dragging *** again. I guess I will replace the 1st O2 sensor now, it looks ok but who knows. And my car definitely has issues when it goes from hot to cold or dry to wet weather. I also checked for loose wires and air leaks on my CAI and nothing.

Beer.............
#13 Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
thesammy

Garage
Total mystery my man.

It came back on after over 4k miles, for about 150 miles. Temps dropped down to high 50's here, and when they got back up to the 80's in a couple days, code went away. Puzzled for life.

On a good note, I will be installing turbo with uprev this winter. One of the first things I will do is delete this code from the ECM for life. Lol.

More to come...
#14 Old 10-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Inspired06SpecV

(Thread Starter)
Guys, I also had to move my wideband sensor into the actual collector for the header. On my Nismo, the factory length of the wideband sensor was only long enough to go into one exhaust tube on the header. When I extended the wideband sensor to actually go into the second bung on the header in the collector, the P2A code went away. I'm thinking the code was being caused by both o2's getting confused because the wideband was only picking up from one cylinder, and the 2nd o2 was picking up the whole exhaust--they over loaded on readings and this is probably a failsafe code for the ecu. Just an idea.

However, the reason I finally came back and posted is because I canNOT get rid of this P2101 code. I've replaced the TB three times... this is definitely not the issue. Also check the continuity of all six wires from the TB harness back to the ecu... found no issues. Any of you guys experienced this problem???

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: