How to remove front and rear bumpers? - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum
B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum

Go Back   B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum > 2000-2006 B15 Nissan Sentra > Modifications - Cosmetic

B15Sentra.net is the premier Nissan Sentra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
Daemos

How to remove front and rear bumpers?

I need to realign the front and rear bumpers as they are 'off'

If you look at the sides, they arn't on all the 'tabs' on the side, so the rear looks even more droopy (there is a gap betwen the lower tail light and the rear bumper)

and the front has a gap under the headlights.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
shanno575
★★★★★

Send a message via AIM to shanno575 Send a message via MSN to shanno575 Send a message via Yahoo to shanno575
there should be tabs on either side for the front (around the corner from the headlights), and screws or tabs (don't remember) inside the wheel well part. and also you'll need to remove the clips from the front grill..and i believe there are clips underneath as well. i've never taken the rear bumper off so i have no idea. and you'll have to disconnect your foglights

btw- gap under headlights is common. you might just need to re-attach the bumper to the clips on both sides that i referred to up there^^
Old 04-15-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
Daemos

well if I look at the side I can see a tab ontop of the bumper. So if the bumper goes in between clips, I could assume that might just be the top part of the clip?

The gap is pretty large acctually (maybe?) if you hold the key up, I can stick in up to the edge of the 2nd 'groove' of the key in.

granted it's probally only like 6-7 mm it's noticable to me. It's the largest on the corner of the light.

Should I just beable to remove the screws from the side and 'bend' the bumper a little to ontop of the clip so it goes on? I shouldn't need to remove the whole bumper as urathane should be REALLY flexable, I remember when we were removing my friend's sideskirts off his celica for the winter, that thing bent at least 60 degrees and had no stress (3M tape is STRONG, esp when it's cold)

Last edited by Daemos; 04-15-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Daemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:52 AM   #4
shanno575
★★★★★

Send a message via AIM to shanno575 Send a message via MSN to shanno575 Send a message via Yahoo to shanno575
yeah the bumper clicks into place in the middle of the clip, you have to push it kinda hard to get it in place.
you shouldn't need to remove any of the clips or anything to put the bumper back into place inside the clip.
i've had 2 bumpers and they've both had gaps in between the headlights...yours sounds about normal.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:38 AM   #5
Daemos

Just checking, I had one time it was really bad before, but that was a support going bad for no apparent reason. Took them a long time for them to even check it out because they needed the 'bodyshop' people to look at it to cover it under warrenty.

I'll take pictures probally tommrow and post them just incase it's not right

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: