* Ghetto Airbox
* Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley
from Greg V @ Mossy Performance
* EGR Removed
, except for that part that plugs into harness (to avoid safe mode).
* Weight Reduction: 249 lbs
Gutted interior, among other things..
Inspired by fluid1mobile
. It's ugly, but it's a lot quicker now.
Wondering how something comes apart or is held together in your b15?
Ask me.. chances are I've probably taken it off !
* Bypassed Coolant to Throttle Body
* Gutted Pre Cats
in Stock Exhaust Manifold
* Gutted Main Catalytic Converter
* Knock Sensor Relocated & grounded
* Pacesetter Short Shifter #01-0422 from mach1car.com
. $69.95 + free shipping.
Install? All I can say is after this you'll be Intimately familiar with the underside of your Sentra! Read the excellent write-up
by 1SentraNotEnuff, has great pics.
* generic Straight-Through muffler; 5.5" round canister x 14" long, single slash cut tip. kept factory resonator (previously I tried gutting the stock muffler; that was a big mess, and was still restrictive as hell)
* Red Line MT-90 gear oil
- really smooths out the 5-speed, but still not as slick as a civic or miata tranny.
* Borbet Type B
15"x7" wheels + Yokohama Avid T4
* Momo Monte Carlo
320mm leather steering wheel + Hub Adapter #3514 from www.ltbmotorsports.com
. Tip for removing airbag... Torx #30 Tamper Resistant (hole in the middle)... or Dremel cutoff wheel like i did..
* PCV Oil Catch (gurov's DIY ~$20 catchcan
But plan to bypass PCV completely to eliminate blowby into intake @ WOT .. by using bigger catch can & blocking off PCV to intake.
* Removed Air Conditioning
This is moot now, but much prior to removing AC, I Disabled Automatic AC on Defroster
* Trimmed Throttle Cables
==TO-DO / WISH LIST==
* -DONE- phenolic Spacers
for intake manifold & throttle body? I've heard of some nice gains on other vehicle makes. Also an excuse to take the intake manifold off so I can port it.
(installed Outlaw Engineering Thermoblock spacers, port-matched intake manifolds)
* Lightweight Flywheel & HD Clutch - gonna try to do this first so don't have to take apart exhaust twice later. Anybody got links to good Write-ups on replacing flywheel & clutch on a QG18 ?
* Header - probably HotShot
+ a couple of O2 sims to keep codes away.
* CAMS!!! + Springs, Retainers, etc... - Come on JWT!! (sign Petition here
).. make Cams for our QG18DE and we will BUY them!
* LIGHTER rims - my stock 14" steelies with 185/65-14 tires only weighed in at 30 lbs! I want 15" rims & 50 series tires that are LIGHTER than That!
(4/114.3mm bolt pattern, 66.1mm hub bore) Check out www.wheelweights.net
for the scoop on Light Weight rims.
* relocate Battery to trunk - are Optima batteries worth it? I guess that would eliminate a plastic box and having to vent it.
* Carbon Fiber Hood - Who makes good CF Hood kits w/ complete hardware for the QG18? Priorities to me are good Fit and easy Installation. Any owner reviews/suggestions would be appreciated.
* OBDII code reader - probably Actron, $150 at Autozone. It'd be nice to be able to read/erase codes without bumming a reader from Autozone every week, which is how often my EGR Block-Off throws codes. Are there any affordable "Consult II" ones? I've heard an '02 QG owner advance his timing at a dealership with a Consult.
* Exhaust - hmm.. prolly a full Stromung system, and replace main catalyic converter with downpipe.
* Suspension - I wanna lower it, so prolly Tein coilovers with adjustable height. Beefier front Stabilizer Bar. Does anyone make a REAR stabilizer bar for the QG18? And put in aftermarket bushings.
* Strut Tower Braces - front & rear. Does anyone make Rear Strut Braces for the QG18? If not, I'll have to fabricate one.
* more Weight Reduction - if my car can run without it... it's comin OFF!
There's still a lot more stuff to go!
* maybe a chin spoiler on the front like on 350Z. maybe a wing on the back - something different, maybe low Nascar-style like on Chev Monte Carlo SS
* pass Calif Smog Check
in Oct 2008? I'll be keeping my oem stuff in case I can't find a smog tech I can bribe.
* Top Speed: 122mph @ ~5750rpm 5th gear
(~55 deg F. Elevation=3000ft. Apple Valley, CA 92307)
* Dyno: N/A
* Curb Weight: 2355 lbs (estimated)
* QG18DE Stuff (What does qg18de
..Project QG18DE, some good mods & pics
* How-To's and Tutorials
..3 pages of Great How-To's!
..some good .PDF Tech How-To's
..B15 Factory Shop Manual in .PDF format
..some good stuff
..good list of wheels and their weights
..Mossy Performance Forum
..Mossy Performance Website
..good place to get tires, some wheels
..good selection of Momo/Sparco steering wheels, hub adapters
..code gives 5% discount
Happy tuning, ride safe...