Difference between SER and SER Spec V - Page 4 - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
post #46 of 54 Old 09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
orangelloSE-R
geezinondowntheroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My speedometer must be way off. I have an '02 SE-R, five speed which exceeded 130mph, by not much (not at redline, though). I am pretty sure that a governor didn't kick me down.

I tried it on the highway when I first bought the car, used. I doubt the optician that had it before would have made that his one & only mod.

Is it possible that the governor broke? Lots of other crap from nissan has died early. My GPS indicates that the speedometer is within a couple of mph. I'll try it again next highway trip to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
I was just thinking....I've owned Nissan products built in each of the last 4 decades (70's -- 00's.) That is pretty cool. I honestly don't know why I have owned so many Nissan products. They are like herpes....they keep popping up in your life.
2002 SE-R 5 speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 10:18 PM
SilverSpecV2003

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i had my spec at 146mph.. im cool
post #48 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM
sentra2nr04

i had a 88 max vg30e at a 130 aint i cool

kadurpadurp

post #49 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 10:35 PM
nismo ser

well i have an 03 se-r non spec and i have had it over 130+ and the only thing that i felt is the drag restriction on my car.. i didn't notice any kind of fuel cut-off at all.
post #50 of 54 Old 09-18-2006, 09:11 AM
orangelloSE-R
geezinondowntheroad

Dahm cheapazz nissan governors. Mine does not work. My non-spec SE-R will definately exceed 130mph. I er track tested that this weekend. It is not the speedometer, the GPS verified the speed. I swear, does anything on this car not break down.

Quote:
I was just thinking....I've owned Nissan products built in each of the last 4 decades (70's -- 00's.) That is pretty cool. I honestly don't know why I have owned so many Nissan products. They are like herpes....they keep popping up in your life.
2002 SE-R 5 speed
post #51 of 54 Old 09-18-2006, 10:27 AM
solis1479
my qr hasnt blown yet.

Send a message via AIM to solis1479
mine did hit a limiter it sat on 128ish for a bit had some revs to go and a lot of road

on the same road with the new ecu ive hit over 135mph

02' sentra se-r 5-speed
aem*megan*greddy*tein*jwt clutch &f/w*t/s ecu
***awaiting install***jwt cams & springs
post #52 of 54 Old 09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
LASE-R

^^^^ edit

What I thought - the ecu.

Now I guess I will have to test mine.

2003 SE-R 5 - 6 spd swap, I/H/E/P/SS/MM/KS/TBB, '03 Spec V tranny, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Koni Sport struts/shocks, Techna-fit SS brake/clutch lines, Centerline Storm 17x7 Sumitomo HTRZ II 225/45/17.
Nissan Potato SE-R
post #53 of 54 Old 09-18-2006, 11:14 AM
orangelloSE-R
geezinondowntheroad

ice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpecV2003
i had my spec at 146mph.. im cool
Maybe if you would superglue an ice block to each butt cheek & hang them out the windown with cruise at 146mph you would be.

Quote:
2002 SE-R 5 speed
post #54 of 54 Old 09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
RyanL

Red face

Yes, by law the any vehicle CAN NOT exceed the speed rating of its tires! The reason that the spec-v doesn't have any kind of restriction is the fact that it comes with Z-rated tires from the factory (149 MPH+). As far as the little bit of power difference between the two (or at least the proclaimed power difference), it is just merely tuning of the ECU (spark advance, air fuel ratio, etc.). I personally have almost always ran 87 octane in my '02 Spec-V because I could not ever notice a real difference except for a little bit of throttle response because of a slight advance in ignition timing. I drive too damn much to put 93 in my car and fuel is too expensive these days. If the motor had a turbo or high compression (12:1 or some****) then it would really need the higher octane, but with 9:1 (or whatever the compression is in the 2.5L) and fairly low horsepower, and not to mention an over sensetive spark knock sensor, you are just wasting dough pumping 93 into it. Oh, and as far as non Spec-Vs racing the Spec-Vs and winnig, it is very possible, especially if they are lighter and it's not a quarter mile (0 to 70 or some****) the gear ratios of the 5 speed might be at an advantage (you might be able to hit 60 MPH in 2nd w/ the 5 spd, I'm not sure, but use of imagination). Just my 3 cents.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: