B15 Sentra Forum banner

o2 hell

16K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  i68k 
#1 ·
I'm not a motor tech (motor head) I am trying to get as much out of my 2002 Sentra GXE 1.8 as I can, so far I have installed a secret weapon dragon intake, and a header. Now the problem I have is the o2 sensors on the 2002 GXE 1.8 automatic has 4 o2 sensors and the new header only has 2 spots for the o2 sensors In my ignorance I thought it would be a good thing to wire the 2 upper banks into 1 sensor and the 2 lower banks into 1 sensor needless to say not working so well. When the car is warm it wants to die every time I come to a stop and going thru gas like no ones business. I need help going from 4 to 2 sensors I need this car on the road. O did I tell you that I don't have the plugs on the harness anymore. They were heat damaged and I thought it would be good to replace them, I didn't now you have to buy the whole harness just for the dam plugs REALLY no one makes a universal 4 wire female plug? HELP PLEASE.

#2 ·
....to wire the 2 upper banks into 1 sensor and the 2 lower banks into 1 sensor needless to say not working so well...
this is what not to do with o2 sensors, they are voltage and amperage specific. you can ruin your o2 sensors, or even your motor entirely!

you can weld on the 2 missing bungs, and put some antifoulers on both lower o2 sensors, or you can find an o2 simulator to wire in. otherwise, return your header as it does not bolt-on to your vehicle, wrong vehicle application.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.