B15 Sentra Forum banner

car won't rev above 1500 rpms

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Sv399 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2008 Sentra SER-SPEC V. Since last Tuesday night, the car will not rev past 1500 RPMS and the check engine light is on. In the past, every once in a while when I get off from a long drive on the high way, the car would feel as if I had no power below 3K rpms. I had it towed to a near by Ford dealer as I have a Ford warranty but it is a different dealer than where I bought it as the other dealer is about 80 miles away. This closer Ford dealer called Nissan. Both companies say they cannot figure out what is specifically wrong with the car. Ford wants me to replace the power distribution box or the Throttle body and see which one fixes the problem. They also said neither is covered under the warranty but I do not believe this. I have the Base care package and the more expensive packages do not say they specifically cover those items. I am not sure I believe anything they say. I bought this car a year ago in February and I have been having issues with the car ever since. They have the car since Tuesday night. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dante

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.