Originally Posted by Neek
this just started happening to me a couple weeks ago in my 1.8
at first, i would have to turn the wheel a good bit before the key would come out (without the power steering, i was afraid i was going to break something).
then a couple days later i started turning the car off, putting it in neutral, taking out the key, and putting it back in park.
now if i jiggle the key in and out of the ignition while simultaneously turning it towards the '0' position, it will eventually turn all the way so i can remove the key (takes 3 or 4 tugs to work usually).
what can i do to resolve the issue with the PNP switch? is that something i should take to the dealership, or is that something i can tackle on my own? its not really a big deal, just a little annoying for now.
see if this is part of the problem. this will determine your linkage. when it wont come out.
1. put it in N with the e-brake up
2. take out the rubber cup holder insert out the cup holders.
3. pull directly up from the cup holders, that whole thing will pop up.
4. on the left side of the lever, the linkage lies there, you will want to push that linkage forward or backwards and hold it while you get your keys out
5. PnP senses car is in park since thats the correct position, and keys come out with ease.
6. put car back into park
i will have pics in a second, as thats what i jsut had to do to get my keys out. it works.