B15 Sentra Forum banner

The best spark plugs for SpecVs.

14K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  truraza 
#1 ·
Hi boys. I've done extensive research, but always come up with mixed answers. Could anyone tell me what a very good brand of spark plugs would be for our SpecVs (exact name, model number, etc.) and if they're realy worth the expense? Does it help with performance? Are there any negative points to switching to performance spark plugs?

Thanks so much!

#3 ·
??

Anyways, are NGK any good? I've heard about them. So I get NGK spark plugs in OEM size. Is there anything else I should know? 'Cause I heard of temperature numbers or something else I believe... Are there 10000 sorts of iridium NGKs for SpecVs? Because I tried application searches over at NGK and there's nothing listed for SpecVs... The only ones listed are double platinum for 2002s... Many people talk about iridiums... Please help!

#5 ·
I have the NGK Iridium spark plugs..I don't care what anyone says the engine runs better and alil better fuel economy....

#7 · (Edited)
OEM plugs are good up to 160000 KM and with basic bolt-ons mods, you don't really need other ones. There is not really "BEST" spark plugs, it more depends of the application. But NGK (OEM are NGK too) and Denso are 2 good brands ;)

#10 ·
I have an 01 SE with the NGK Iridium's, a little better off of the line. Some diminished gas mileage. OK overall. I am considering the directhits...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.