Getting the most life out of my car - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 02-07-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
ey3ball

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Getting the most life out of my car

Hey Guys,

I have an 02 Sentra 1.8 Automatic (XE or GXE - not sure which one). It has 143,000 miles on it.

I would love to see this car last me another 3-5 years.

What are some things that I can do to my car to help give it the best chance of making it another 3-5 years without investing a ton of money into it?

Two examples:

1. My last transmission flush was around 103,000 - so I should probably consider changing it soon. When I do is it worth spending the extra money to get something synthetic like royal purple or redline (both of which seem to get recommended a lot on the forum) over the normal stuff at the store?

Are these two recommend more for a performance reason? Performance doesn't matter to me. Its a daily driver to and from work/the store/etc.. and my driving style is pretty chill. If it's something that will give it a better chance of keeping the transmission going strong and helps the performance thats fine with me, but if its solely done to increase the performance (or for more aggressive style driving) then it doesn't seem worth it to me.

2. When it comes to oil changes, lately I have been using a conventional high milage oil, would it be worth the extra money to go full synthetic?

I would love to hear your guys thoughts and opinions on the above 2 question, plus any other suggestions you have for me and keep this car up and running.

I don't mind spending extra money on a product if its worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any advice you guys have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-23-2017, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
ey3ball

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No one has any advice or help for a fellow B15 owner?

Come on guys 2.5 weeks and 141 views and no one is willing to help a guy out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: