B15 Sentra Forum banner

how do you remove the rear dash so i can get to my rear speakers?

14K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  paperboy42190 
#1 ·
how do you remove the rear dash in a 2001 nissan sentra so i can change my rear speakers?

#7 ·
mad easy... back speakers, remove rear seat lower half by pulling upward, remove two bolts under rear upper seat,(if u have fold down seats this is maaad easier lol) fold seats down....
remove all clips u see with panel popper tool, remove c pillars, remove 3rd brake light...now pull up on the rear deck and ur done.. slide foward to clear the seatbelt thing and rest the deck on the seat that was folded down, or where the seat was removed... i believe u need a 8mm or 10mm to remove the screws on the speakers....

front speakers.... remove pocket trim, slide down the window switch trim, u should see screws under those pieces...remove little plastic trim around handle, remove plastic phillips screw on left of pass door, right on driver door,
if there are screws under the panel remove those as well, but i think there arent.. and now pull the door panel off with the help of a panel popper tool... all the clips should pop out.. ur gonna need 1/2 inch spacer rings for the front speakers...

all this is by wat i can remember, but i think its pretty accurate..

#8 ·
mt_spiffy said:
Will this also apply to my 98 Sentra GXE? I have been trying to figure out how to access the rear speakers.
u should have speaker grills which pop off, if not the whol erear deck pops up and off, u may need to remove the pillars as well.... bets bet is to remove the rear seat if the deck folds over and tucked under the upper rear seat edge..

#9 ·
What's easy to you guys doesnt seem as easy to me, who's never taken a car interior apart before :)

I accessed the rear speakers easily once I undid all the little white clips that hold the deck on. I didnt have to remove anything else.

I havent done the front speakers yet, I'm going to get a new CD player first, and Circuit City will install that for free.

#17 ·
It's really easy.
1. remove both C-pillars by pulling towards opposite side of car, but be careful not to break the rear defroster thing.
2. Fold both rear seats down
3. Remove 4 clips that were behind the rear seats, and I think 2 more on the rear deck. (just use a flat screwdriver and pry)
4. Now, you should be able to pull down the center piece behind the rear seats that was originally held on by 2 clips.
5. Pry a few more clips by reaching behind the plastic(let me know if you don't know which part I'm referring to)
6. Remove the center brake light on rear deck by pushing towards window(if you have a brake light there)
7. Now, you can pull the rear deck up, might need to struggle a bit and maybe get any clips you missed.

Let me know if I missed anything.

#20 ·
^^the ones right behind the passenger seats. from front with the tweeters are A, the middle ones between the doors are B, and the ones behind the rear seats are C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.