B15 Sentra Forum banner

back seats fold down?

31K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  Nuccin_Futz 
#1 ·
i dont think it should matter, but it's a spec v

it looks like it does, but i can't find any place to pull or push or anything to get it to fold down, does it?
if so, how?

#4 ·
if u got the RF package then your seats will fold down. it's a 60/40 spilt but you can make the entire seat fold down.
if you didn't get the RF package then they dont fold down at all

#6 ·
what are some characteristics of the RF package?

it really looks like it'll go down, i just looked for that knob and didnt see it, but it may just be that, i didn't see it.

#7 ·
The RF package has the sub in an enclosure in the trunk. Prob. also a RF tag on the head unit.

I don't have the RF package, my seats don't fold down, and it's a PITA. When I was buying the car I read that the RF package versions did a 60/40 split fold. My logic was then, "Oh, well without that sub in the way, my car must have the entire back seat folding down." That was wrong.

Anyone have any idea why this is?!?!

- ATM

#8 ·
on my 04 spec...(with the rf package)... the drivers side comes down with that easily visible knob .... the passenger side also comes down but the cable u gotta pull is hidden behind the trunk lining/carpeting on the upper right hand side of the trunk.

#12 ·
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
whats ****ed up is... SE-R 1.8 GXE XE SE SE w/PP all have fold downs, so basically we have the highest model, and we dont get fold down seats i was pissed when I was trying to fit my stock exhaust in my car :eek:
The 1.8 doesn't have 60/40 seats.

#13 ·
In my Spec the seat release is in the driver's side rear seat kinda near where the bottom and top half of the seat meet. At first to me it looked like a place where my seat seam was coming apart, I stuck my finger in it and there seems to be a seat release there. No Rockford Fosgate here. Anyone else?

#15 ·
Mine don't fold, but it's really simple to take the seat back right out of the car. It's only held on by some hooks, so you can lift it straight up and it comes right off. Even after the seat backs are out, it's still not a clear shot to the trunk though, there is a metal brace in the way, it's not too big, but it's a PITA when you want to put something really big back there.

I would kill for some folding seats.

#16 ·
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
]so basically we have the highest model, and we dont get fold down seats i was pissed when I was trying to fit my stock exhaust in my car :eek:

Damn folding seats cost the car around 50 lbs..

#18 ·
pugnex said:
The 1.8 doesn't have 60/40 seats.
I think the 2000 and 2001 models all had folding seats. After that, I believe it was the RF package that they came with. Because of those two year models all having folding seats, its caused some confusion with people thinking that all GXE, XE, 1.8 etc all have folding seats but not the SE-R / Spec-V models.

#21 ·
NISMO82 said:
if u got the RF package then your seats will fold down. it's a 60/40 spilt but you can make the entire seat fold down.
if you didn't get the RF package then they dont fold down at all
i'm sorry but your wrong i did not have the RF package and my rear seats folded.

2002-2003 XE,GXE,SE-R, Spec V should all fold 60/40 no matter what package you have.

2004-2005 might not have that option standard.

#22 ·
I have 60/40 seats, a sub and fosgate stereo.
still can't find that knob..maybe i'm blind.

can anyone take a picture of it?
far away with their finger on it so we can see exactly where it is in the trunk.

#26 ·
for the love of buddah...

let's just assume that the folding seats were an option, and stop arguing about it. it's a miniscule detail.

someone needs to take a pic of the trunk area where the knob is to show everyone.

if you can't find the knob, you more than likely do not have the option equipped, or you are blissfully ignorant, at which point you should look harder, or just do everyone a favor by sticking a soldering iron into your eyes. (I'M JUST MESSIN AROUND!!!)

the knob in my trunk is on the left (i think) near the wheelwell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.