B15 Sentra Forum banner

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Bil 
#1 ·
Hi, everyone my name is Bill and i'm new to the nissan family as well as the import world in general having owned nothing but the big 3 for as long as i can remember i currently have a 2011 sentra sedan, i'm going to say it's a base model because there is no designation or anything on the trunk lid. I have a few questions so bare with me the car has like 36,000 or so on it bought it used with 28 is the 2.0 engine in my car the outdated one from way back or is it an entirely different animal altogether i think nissan calls mine the mr engine, i've read some posts on here referring to the b16's as a direct relation to the prius from the outside i might add they also accelerate like one but maybe that's just the cvt transmission lol. My previous car a 2004 chevy cavalier that had over 230,000 on it when the motor finally quit are the b16's or sentras in general for that matter every bit that reliable if not more so, i've heard the cvt doesn't particularly like cold weather much if you live in a climate with a lot of hills and mountains would an out of town road trip be too much for the cvt. Would a 2 or 300 plus mile drive kill the cvt i thought i read somewhere when they get warm or hot they don't function as well, reason i asked about longevity mainly because i tend to keep my cars till the wheels fall off the cavalier was one of the best cars i ever owned but it was getting to that point i was starting to throw good money after bad so i decided it was time to move on. is the 2.0 a bulletproof engine which is the better of the 2 the smaller 4 the 1.8 or the bigger one the 2.0.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.