B15 Sentra Forum banner

2003 - Sentra Gti-R

14K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  JoeBell 
#1 · (Edited)
2003 - Sentra w/ GTiR Engine, soon SR20VE+T

For all those who want to enjoy a clean nice ride with a little extra under the hood! :)

It all started back in 2007 when I fell in love with the Nissan Sentra. Back then, I wanted to give my little ride something special, make a swap (SR20DET). Unluckily, it was pretty much expensive. But in the autumn of 2008, I’ve found a potable ’03 (GXE to SE) with the swap I was looking for.

Here’s some pics :

Yeah I know, pretty horrible with a trap on the hood, but had no choice, the top mount intercooler had to get his air somewhere!

Only modification I made back then was :
- Konig performance wheels (can't remember exactly which one)
- KYB GR2 shock + Tanabe drop (1.6inch)
- New windshield 'cause the last owner said that the girlfriend of the guy who did the custom exhaust threw a rock on it, WTF?

In the winter of 2009, I've decided to change back the rear lights to OEM ones, and drop in a nice FMIC + piping
Upgraded the batterie to an Optima Redtop and the exhaust muffler tip to a N1 Apex'I (which has a better agressive sound than a 3'' stock muffler)

Little clean-up and installed the FMIC + piping

See less See more
#2 ·
In 2010 was the worst year I think. I've wanted to get rid of the car because of financial problem + school, but I've managed to keep it. When everything went back to normal, I've bought another SE with the same swap. The main reason for my action was that it was pretty cheap and it had brake conversion for disc on the rear (which mine didn't 'cause it was originally a GXE), coilovers, motor mounts for SE, Spec-V Red/Black seats and some spare things. Couldn't keep the car to myself, so i've sold the swap to another person and scrapped it.

The money for selling the swap help me with this next thing :
A new set of brand new Balling Wheels :)

WORK Emotion XT7 17X8 +25 offset

+ Here's the look with the new drop (STD R1 Coilovers)

And now, after 3 years, I've decided it was time for a little extra (spring 2011)

YEAH!! To the body shop :D
And a new Blow-off (HKS SSQV 3rd gen.)

#3 ·
After finally 2 weeks in the bodyshop (let say he had some more important things to do than my car), the car looks like this :

New SE-R black-housing headlights / SE-R Spec-V Bumper / SE-R Spec-V Side skirts / Mach 1 lip
Almost hellaflush with the wheels (front are, but not the rear! lol)...but what you want, it's a Sentra :)

Of course, that's not all!! More to come this year!!

#5 ·
car looks really great!!

nice rims, love how they are flush with the body of the car. what size tires are you running?

if you want a rear lip, look into the RS rear lip for your year, by far the best looking rear lip :)

keep it up. later

#24 ·
#25 ·
glad you did the fmic as well, looks great! did the ic not fit behind the lower grille? woulda been nice to hide it in there ;)

the thule rack is nice, up here i take it off for the winters so it doesnt get salted up.

#26 ·
wow sexy ride man,Good job i like it.

#27 ·
Been a little while since I posted here ! This project is never gonna end since I love this car no matter what people says.

Here's a little update :

I've got myself some engine interns + fuel management upgrades and some brembo galiper.

-SPEC Clutch Kit Stage 3
-Tomei FPR
-Circuit Sport FPR Gauge
-ISIS Z32 MAF
-Energy Suspension Bushing Kit
-BC Valve + Retainers
-Hawks HPS Pads
-Brembo's Slotted (On the way)
-CP Pistons (Will Get Eagles Rods as well as in the picture)

And got myself a new Spooler :

-HKS GT2540r w/ HKS Wastegate Actuator :)

And I kind of got tired of my Gtir engine, so I'm gonna put another new heart by next year, and especially since I hear my friend's 520whp SR20VE+T.. so hotttt

-SR20VE

Hell yeah ! I'm gonna make a nice new set-up with this and put it to the test :)

Still got a lot to do, will hope for the best that all goes well by next year !

#28 · (Edited)
woot
such a sexy clean super sleeper
this thing must haul
love the wheels
gorgeous car

CP pistons ftw
eagle rods too

on the first glance, just catching the hood, i though for a sec it was a stang
lol

btw
for actual track use the ES poly lca bushings, will fade quickly
mine lasted 5 days of competition launches [drag strip] and they were gone
same with the prothane motor mounts

imo couldn't you use bigger or sticker tires, you must be spinning wheels all the time

as rice as that original hood was, i think i have to have it
still got it from years and cars ago?
[who would buy it]
just wild thoughts of hiding somthing under it

#29 ·
Nah men, don't have the hood anymore, had to throw it away years ago since no one wanted to buy it, would have give it for free loll.

As for the wheels and tires, it doesn't spin that much if you know the limits of your car between throttle and handling. But I'm considering making a 5 bolt conversion in a near by future, so maybe I'll have sicker wheels for fitement, and buy better tires !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.