B15 Sentra Forum banner

GB: QT adjustable link and Drums to Discs brackets

14K views 231 replies 32 participants last post by  japsniper 
#1 · (Edited)
GB:Sping coming!! QT adjustable link ON SALE check page 14!!

QT Adjustable Link

QT link, what is QT link? I am pretty sure a lot of yall might have not heard about Scott Russel Link(SCL). Basically this link is locate on your rear axle(beam). There is a small piece of link connects between this big chunk arm( whatever u want to call) with rear axle(beam).
This small piece of metal actually is pretty useful, and believe me or not
this link has been used on B15/B14/N16/N15/P11/A32/A33/A34
It designed for the cars that have been lowered.

So let me explain how this link work out on our car after lowering

1. Why QT displace after lowering the car?
2. The movement of QT Principle and the usage of V line.
3. How does QT principle movement prevent the car incline?

1.Why QT displace after lowering the car?

If you lower your car, the entire rear axles will extend out to the right hand side.
If we look at pic here, red line shows stock high, yellow line shows after lowering position.
So we use QT adjustable link to replace our SCL to extend out to left hand a little more.
Now it balance on both side.
Red shows stock high, Yellow shoes lowering positing

See the red line here, it shows a V line. When the car is braking or driving on uneven road& turning, the Green arrows will lift the car up.
By now V line will be flared-out, the2 side pivots fix; therefore have the upward resistance so the v line will line up equal. (before lowering)

From this pic you can see when the car makes right turn, body inclines because of the centrifugal force. The reverse strength( red arrows+blue arrows). This is how Nissan makes our car balance, and reduce the chances of inclining.

This QT adjustable link idea is alignment purpose+reduce rear axle jumping so much.
It is all depending on driver, and can be necessary or unnecessary mod.

The following pics show our rear axle(beam) extends out after we lower our car
Here is some measurement to adjust our car

Here is the guy's original post, http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/b14-ser/article?mid=4026&prev=5441&next=1413&l=f&fid=7

If anyone of you guy still have no clue, or wonder what hell my English doesn't make any sense let me know. I will do the best I can to help out.

Drums to Discs

A lot of you might question me you sure this work? Yes i am 100% sure, this product has been on more than hundreds sentra in Taiwan within at least past 4 years....

Pretty much the idea is

1. You rear wheels out
2. Your drums out
3. There will be four screws secure on your inner drum on each side
4.Take drums out, you will see hubs
5. take your hubs out put on your adapters (brackets)
6. Put everything back, don't forget your e-brake line cables

*some of our QG might not designed 100% perfectly on fitment so u might need 4 washers to extend out the rotors to clear the clearance between rotors and calipers gap. Chance is very rare just you guy know

Here is my dude's original post
B14 with 1.6L engine

These adapters( brackets) can also be using on b14, but the rotors need to be re-drill wholes
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/b14-ser/article?mid=3768&prev=927&next=3730

M1/180/N16/B15 no modification straight bolt on

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/b14-ser/article?mid=1413

See less See more
#4 ·
very simple i have write up and eveyrthings that provide to b15 members.
The difference i feel

This QT adjuable link is make your rear wheels align back to the position that we all b15 guy suppose to have. In order for you to perform the best ride quaility, and have the greatest outcome. You must have had your suspension back to natural postion instead of left and right are off....this is not somethings we suppose to have on our car.

The main So once this link extends out, it helps out the left and right uneven problem.
After i install the QT Adjustable makes our left and right rear arms+ suspension perform the best result I can have.

I feel my car Less roll, cornering more sharp and fast( i have rsb so helps a lot too). Comfortable level is way so much better than my stock SRL link. Before I had old link on when i pass pothole or speed bump the ride was rough....

My rear right side wheels and rear light side wheels align together very accuratly, but still has 0.5mm off due nissan's designed.....

If you have more question let me know ;)

#7 ·
I would like one QT Adjustable Link please, I just did drums, so I'll pass on the disc swap for now. I'll post up feedback and report on install before and after, so I can get my 10 dollars :) I PM'ed you also.

#10 ·
no problem man hmm since you are b14 which is slightly different so u need a a32 calipers and the rotors u might need to shave down a lil bit.....about e capbles i am not quite sure, but let me confirm all the info than i will let you know by tonight;)

#35 ·
Bumpppp top!!

btw i test drove my car last night with my buddy. He has his 03 spec-v, we were driving at hockinghill wahahah he couldn't keep up with me :D. With all my suspension set up plus QT adjustable link, my rear felt very solid. The most amazing part i felt was 70 degree sharp turn, i made it with 65-70m that my car did not spin out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.