Best Troubleshoot Tests 4 No Start before replacing Crankshaft/Camshaft sensors? - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 04-04-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
AKsuited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Best Troubleshoot Tests 4 No Start before replacing Crankshaft/Camshaft sensors?

Hey All,

Long story short this 02 Spec-V I was working on last year had the hard start issues in the past and that was fixed last year after pump replacement and a one way fuel check valve next to the rail to keep it from loosing pressure, after that I had some body work and the car sat with no battery for the winter. Spring is here, I poped in a fresh battery and some new fuel and expected a quick start, but alas nothing. Cranks perfect never kicks. New battery and running on charger with engine start, power is very strong and it turns over fast. I also tried some starter fluid in the intake just to double check it wasn't fuel issue and it never even kicks a little bit.

So my first guess is a crankshaft or camshaft sensor went bad randomly while sitting, but I wasn't sure which one or both can cause this exact symptom, and I wanted to ask you guys first before I go pulling any parts if their are any other tests I can perform to more efficiently diag the issue.

I appreciate any recommendations on how to start my diag tomorrow.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-05-2017, 10:23 PM
imothers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have you confirmed there is no spark? Are the plugs a bit damp from unburned fuel? Compression is OK?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: