B15 Sentra Forum banner

Civic or Corolla

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff Kleb 
#1 ·
My brother is shopping for a new car and considering 2014 Civic or 2015 Corolla. Which one would you pick?

#4 ·

I have not driven the new (2014+) Toyota Corolla, but did test-drive a new Honda Civic (2013) last year. I was very impressed with the car. A co-worker of mine just bought a new 2014 Civic EX - and it is a very nice little car.

Both the new Corolla and the new Civic (as well as the new Sentra) have a CVT. They feel weird to drive, but I suppose that is the 'new thing' now with a lot of cars.

If you are in the market for a car in that segment, consider test-driving a new Hyundai Elantra. That is a VERY NICE CAR and they are available as a sedan or a hatchback (the two-door Elantra coupe has been axed from the lineup). The GT (hatchback) Elantra has a 2.0L GDI engine, while the sedans have the venerable 1.8L.

#5 ·
I wouldn't buy either of those cars. I would look at the Chevy Cruze, or the Ford Focus or Fiesta, or the 2015 Chrysler 200. The new Sentra's are nice looking with the right colour and wheel combination, but the idea of a regular engine with a CVT isn't appealing.

If Nissan released the Sentra Nismo, then there would be no question as to what to look at...;)

#6 ·

The Fiesta is a very cool-looking car, but has ZERO rear legroom and the automatic transmission is known as the 'grenade gearbox' and hunts up and down for gears. Good luck finding a manual transmission, which would be much better suited for that car. Both the Fiesta and Focus hatchbacks are much nicer than the four-door sedans......and the ST version of either car is truly bad ***. Both are a great match with a six-speed manual. :)

Nix the Chrysler 200 and get a Dodge Dart. It is almost the same car and is a lot cheaper; and better-looking in my opinion. You can get a turbocharged engine, too.

The Cruz is not too shabby-looking, but has been unchanged since 2010 - so it looks a bit dated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.