B15 Sentra Forum banner

Subwoofer

17K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  i68k 
#1 ·
hey guys...
I m installin an aftermarket sub and head unit.. the head unit is all done... all sub wires are done... buuuuuuut.... where can I get the 12v constant from? I mean I usually do it from the battery but this car is jst a pain to do it.. the grommet where the wires go in and out on the drivers side is too crowded I cant get the wire trough so I was wondering if I could connect the power to the sub from the ignition 12volt constant wire.... or anyother on the fuse box....
thanks in advance

#2 · (Edited)
For me, I just forced the power wire through with the rest of the wires. just takes a little effort, and you may need to rip a little part of the rubber thing. Trust me it's worth it to do it right. There's also another hole on the passenger side if you really give up on the driver's side, and it's not even occupied by anything! Just pop out the rubber grommet and there's a perfect hole! Almost seems like nissan thought about us aftermarket audio builders ahead of time =D

Oops sry, just realized this is the b16 section, not b15 =X

#5 ·
I have always drilled a hole through the firewall, then run the wire from the battery through there and under the carpet etc.

#6 ·
most cars have a run thru, grommets, or removeable panels for access thru the firewall, drilling isnt always required, sometimes its actually unsafe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.