Unofficial "QG18DE" performance upgrade thread - Page 4 - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 155 votes, 4.97 average.
post #46 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 PM
b15sentra521

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
why would they spend money making cams on the qg which only poor people and high school students own.
Try again.

How about people who are looking for a more economical route? Gas hog, that's all it is. I have no problem with owning a QG. I could care less if it had a huge aftermarket following because even if it did, gains will be minimal.

This engine doesn't respond well to bolt ons, PERIOD. Honestly, how much more HP would cames give? 10-20? Wooo! Easy killer...we don't want to approach the 140 hp mark too quickly there on the QG...fully bolted. Still gonna be slow.

I just plan to save up, make it look nice and have a decent suspension. Later on I'll get a car that has some power, but for now, why bother? It was a hand me down which I thoroughly enjoy, but after looking at what minimal gains it gets, I lost hope for anything engine related really.

Good luck w/ the cams, and if it works out, congrats on a successful venture. But to a degree...most QG owners ARE cheap when it comes to engine parts. Most of us don't see the need in spending 400 bucks to get minimal gains.

2001 GXE Autotragic
ghetto grille, stillen hi-flow air intake, megan fstb, red signal overlays
Quote:
the fact that i own a highly efficient, reliable motor is nothing to be ashamed of unless youre a idiot with an inferiority complex.- 1SentraNotEnuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
sirhavok

Send a message via AIM to sirhavok
(Thread Starter)
if someone wants to link me to where the tien suspension for the 1.8s sentra is.. ill add it.. but on the official site.. there is none
http://www.tein.com/nissan.html

????

1.8s sentra.... OF DOOM!!!
myspace.com/walkstraight
post #48 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 03:13 PM
SentraGTi-R

Send a message via AIM to SentraGTi-R
because all suspension is interchangeable on the b15 chassis (se/gxe/xe/se-r/spec v)

'11 Sapphire Black Juke SL

post #49 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
sirhavok

(Thread Starter)
oh ok ill update right now

myspace.com/walkstraight
post #50 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 03:24 PM
dmroberson

Send a message via AIM to dmroberson Send a message via Yahoo to dmroberson
Ok, here's a retard question... on the link for the MMI's it says Manual Transmission Only. What inserts work on the Automatics?

Da's Wha's Up...

--------------
04 Sentra 1.8S, NISMO strut tower bar, Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake w/Cold Air Box, Greddy Air Diversion panel, 6K Techone HID Lighting Kit, Custom ground-wires, HKS Sport cat-back exhaust.--- Traded...
post #51 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
sirhavok

(Thread Starter)
umm im not sure.. but im working on trying to find where u can make your own Polyurathane inserts.. its like a bondo Mix you put into the Motor mount and you let it dry in there and works just as good.

myspace.com/walkstraight
post #52 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 03:44 PM
dmroberson

Cool, if you find out, let me know... if you don't mind.

Da's Wha's Up...

--------------
04 Sentra 1.8S, NISMO strut tower bar, Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake w/Cold Air Box, Greddy Air Diversion panel, 6K Techone HID Lighting Kit, Custom ground-wires, HKS Sport cat-back exhaust.--- Traded...
post #53 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 04:37 PM
BlackNight
...Afraid to Lose Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20DE_MAN
ROFL.... I looked there in the GXE/XE fitting SE/SPEC sideskirts on portion of that page... of course it was in french, so I put it through a random translator... and this is what came out... I just had to laugh...

One wondered me to be part of my experience here, question of some to do to take advantage of other owners of Sentra xe/gxe 1.8/1.8S that would want to do it same thing.

Quote:
1) Counsel: To find itself side-skirts (original) of SpecV. The reason: They are done for "fitter" on a Sentra. Several proprio of SpecV change their lateral skirts. Pass an announcement in the section "want to buy/for salts" forums of Sentra.

2) To Find a good leotard shop. "These are trained professionnals, do not try this at home!"... First, they have the equipment for repeinturer the skirts (they will not be good color!), and deuxièmement, they have the experience.

3) To Buy the pieces of fixings of Nissan (there are some for 75$). Why? They are done for that! There is 16 "pitons" male and 16 female parties (that will be inserted in the rock musicians panels), more 3 screws to the before (to withdraw the guard mud), and another piton to the back (the hole there already is!)

4) it is necessary to pierce the rock musicians panels to insert the female parties of the fixing pieces. This is there that that complicates. It is necessary the hole to be just rather big for that the female parties inserts themselves and not too big for that she hold firmly.

5) Recommendation: Find the position of the fixings under the rock musician panel in first. To do to help itself by a buddy is a good idea.

6) to find the position of the fixings on the quotation of the rock musicians panels, install the male parties in the skirts, and apply a drop of paint on the point of the fixings. Set up two or three fixings UNDER the rock musician, and mark the position of the lateral fixings. Remove the skirt.

7) done the holes, put the female party, and here, it remains only to all to set up some places.

I recommend you strongly to find you a leotard shop. This is a lot better as that!

Do not hesitate to ask questions, that will please me there to reply

2001 BlackOut GXE
Modifications (INCLUDING cosmetic):PR CAI, Stock FSTB, OEM Fogs, OEM Spoiler, Nismo LTB (waiting to be installed)
Pioneer DEH-P3600, Pioneer 6.5" 4-Ways.
Next on the list:HKS Sport Catback Exhaust OR KSport Coilovers
"Never drive faster then your guardian angel can fly."
post #54 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 05:47 PM
tadtheboywonder

Send a message via AIM to tadtheboywonder
weapon r makes a intake for the qg

2005 1.8s
NOKYA Artic White, Debadged, K&N drop in filter, Lower Grille Mod, TB Spacer, TB Coolant bypass mod, Intake Resonator removed, Q Advanced Engine 5w-30, Custom front logo, Oil Catch Can, Redline Water Wetter, Mautai916 Grounding Kit
Coming Soon:Johnny V Grille, 350z Antenna
Cardomain
post #55 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 PM
dmroberson

Yes, it's called Secret Weapon. Can't believe I missed that... lol. I have that intake.

Da's Wha's Up...

--------------
post #56 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 08:28 PM
TechSalvager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtheboywonder
weapon r makes a intake for the qg
Does it work with any sentra with the qg18de?
Thanks for the info
post #57 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 09:12 PM
dmroberson

Yes, it does.

Da's Wha's Up...

--------------
post #58 of 377 Old 09-28-2006, 11:19 PM
vspec18

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15sentra521
Try again.

How about people who are looking for a more economical route? Gas hog, that's all it is. I have no problem with owning a QG. I could care less if it had a huge aftermarket following because even if it did, gains will be minimal.

This engine doesn't respond well to bolt ons, PERIOD. Honestly, how much more HP would cames give? 10-20? Wooo! Easy killer...we don't want to approach the 140 hp mark too quickly there on the QG...fully bolted. Still gonna be slow.

I just plan to save up, make it look nice and have a decent suspension. Later on I'll get a car that has some power, but for now, why bother? It was a hand me down which I thoroughly enjoy, but after looking at what minimal gains it gets, I lost hope for anything engine related really.

Good luck w/ the cams, and if it works out, congrats on a successful venture. But to a degree...most QG owners ARE cheap when it comes to engine parts. Most of us don't see the need in spending 400 bucks to get minimal gains.
Ur right it's like after you spend ton's of money of the QG u still will get no where best thing is to keep saving for something more faster
post #59 of 377 Old 09-29-2006, 12:53 AM
tadtheboywonder

Send a message via AIM to tadtheboywonder
whats the diameter of that pipe on the secret weapon?

2005 1.8s
NOKYA Artic White, Debadged, K&N drop in filter, Lower Grille Mod, TB Spacer, TB Coolant bypass mod, Intake Resonator removed, Q Advanced Engine 5w-30, Custom front logo, Oil Catch Can, Redline Water Wetter, Mautai916 Grounding Kit
Coming Soon:Johnny V Grille, 350z Antenna
Cardomain
post #60 of 377 Old 09-29-2006, 08:03 AM
chimmike
coming soon

Send a message via AIM to chimmike Send a message via Yahoo to chimmike
again, JWT will not be making the cams for the QG, ever. So, like I said, don't hold your breath. Or, in your case, havok, start holding your breath right now. Please.

'07 Mazdaspeed3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: