Check Engine Light- Turn Off? - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
post #1 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
SpecV2env
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Check Engine Light- Turn Off?

I was installing my intake today, and I forgot to tighten the hose clamp. So the intake came apart and air went pass the air sensor. Thus resulting in the engine check light to go on. Is there any way to turn off this engine check light?

'03 White SE-R Spec V
MR Exhaust, MR Strut Bar, Nismo Decal Kit, JWT Pop-Charger, Debadged, Red Calipers, Red/CarbonFiber Pedals, Red Hosing, and Painted Valve Cover
SpecV2env is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 09:32 PM
1ofakind_SE-R
third world reject
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rev your car. If it doesn't go above 2000 rpms I hate to tell you but you cuased enough chaos under your hood and blew your MAF sensor. That's a 200 dollar fix not covered by warrenty.
1ofakind_SE-R is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
SpecV2env
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Found a fix

Well I found this post which im gonna try doing. I hope it works.

This is how you reset the check engine light. No tools required!

In car ECM Diagnostics/ECM Reset procedure:

1) Sit in the driver's seat.
2) Turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)
3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.
4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds until the MIL light flashes.
5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.

Long flashes (0.6 seconds) indicate the first digit of the code; count the blinks one through nine and write down the first digit. (Ten blinks indicates a zero.)
The next three digits follow in turn in the same fashion except with faster blinks (0.3 second) and a 1.0-second pause between digits.

The ECM code repeats intself until you turn the ignition key to the OFF position, at which point the ECM resets itself to standard get-in-and-drive-the-car mode.
You can look up the trouble codes in the ESM/FSM; there's a bunch of them. In the ESM, refer to page EC-639.
Additionally, if you get four blinks of ten (0000), the ECM is indicating no malfunction.

You can clear the code (and the annoying MIL) by holding down the accelerator pedal for more than 10 seconds while in Diagnostic Test Mode II. When you release the pedal, the ECM erases the trouble code(s).

'03 White SE-R Spec V
MR Exhaust, MR Strut Bar, Nismo Decal Kit, JWT Pop-Charger, Debadged, Red Calipers, Red/CarbonFiber Pedals, Red Hosing, and Painted Valve Cover
SpecV2env is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 10:09 PM
SpecVcepS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Found a fix

Quote:
Originally posted by SpecV2env
Well I found this post which im gonna try doing. I hope it works.

This is how you reset the check engine light. No tools required!

In car ECM Diagnostics/ECM Reset procedure:

1) Sit in the driver's seat.
2) Turn the ignition key to the ON position and wait three seconds. (Do not start the car.)
3) Fully depress and release the accelerator pedal five times in less than five seconds.
4) Wait exactly seven seconds. Fully depress the accelerator pedal for ten seconds until the MIL light flashes.
5) Release the accelerator pedal and start counting flashes to obtain the four-digit trouble code.

Long flashes (0.6 seconds) indicate the first digit of the code; count the blinks one through nine and write down the first digit. (Ten blinks indicates a zero.)
The next three digits follow in turn in the same fashion except with faster blinks (0.3 second) and a 1.0-second pause between digits.

The ECM code repeats intself until you turn the ignition key to the OFF position, at which point the ECM resets itself to standard get-in-and-drive-the-car mode.
You can look up the trouble codes in the ESM/FSM; there's a bunch of them. In the ESM, refer to page EC-639.
Additionally, if you get four blinks of ten (0000), the ECM is indicating no malfunction.

You can clear the code (and the annoying MIL) by holding down the accelerator pedal for more than 10 seconds while in Diagnostic Test Mode II. When you release the pedal, the ECM erases the trouble code(s).

wheres my credit for this damnit
i got all the procedures here

http://www.alpha-squadron.net/Fubar/...ra%20Documents
SpecVcepS is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 10:14 PM
pditty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: england
Posts: 6,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yah try that, if the light comes back on get it checked pronto.

Toyota MR2 Spyder (5 speed)
BMW 1 Series M Sport 5-door (6 speed)
pditty is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
SpecV2env
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It Worked!

It WORKED! The light is gone! I hope it doesn't come back!

'03 White SE-R Spec V
MR Exhaust, MR Strut Bar, Nismo Decal Kit, JWT Pop-Charger, Debadged, Red Calipers, Red/CarbonFiber Pedals, Red Hosing, and Painted Valve Cover
SpecV2env is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 10:50 PM
bjorkluv
Force Fed
 
bjorkluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: 沖縄 , Japan
Posts: 3,593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: It Worked!

Quote:
Originally posted by SpecV2env
It WORKED! The light is gone! I hope it doesn't come back!
wow..you are the man,,,you searched and found your answer..chimike never had a chance to tell you to search...

its a win win.. thread for you bro..
bjorkluv is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 11:15 PM
ricesux
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Fayetteville,NY
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Re: Found a fix

Quote:
Originally posted by SpecVcepS
wheres my credit for this damnit
Here's your credit:
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...threadid=55713

You got the procedure from my post! Sorry I had to, I mean no disrespect.
ricesux is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 11:24 PM
SpecVcepS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Re: Re: Found a fix

Quote:
Originally posted by ricesux
Here's your credit:
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...threadid=55713

You got the procedure from my post! Sorry I had to, I mean no disrespect.
notice the smiley, i was jokin
SpecVcepS is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 11:31 PM
ricesux
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Fayetteville,NY
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a fix

Quote:
Originally posted by SpecVcepS
notice the smiley, i was jokin
I never thought you weren't! I even quoated your smiley.
ricesux is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 11:34 PM
SpecVcepS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Found a fix

Quote:
Originally posted by ricesux
I never thought you weren't! I even quoated your smiley.
ok, just making sure
SpecVcepS is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 06-30-2003, 11:58 PM
betawax
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: los angeles, ca
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to betawax
Talking

awesome info!! i am booking this page. My SES light just went away by itself2 weeks after I installed the CAI... just like that.

asp woopin'... sql dead lockin'... xm-illin'... crack caffeine dealerz... IT whorez... over clockerz... fragerz... cs camperz...
betawax is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 07-01-2003, 12:09 AM
bmidd
pissed postal worker
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: chattanooga,tn
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bmidd Send a message via Yahoo to bmidd
btw, thanks again for that link. I installed my casper ele. box thing and it made the ses light for the header disappear after 8 months of taped business cards!

'02 SpecV---totalled 5/11/04
Cloud White
'89 325i

94 protege--new auto-x beast
bmidd is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome