How to: Replace QR25DE - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
post #1 of 6 Old 12-07-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
AnalyseThis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to: Replace QR25DE

Replace your QR25DE - PDF File for Printing

If you have basic mechanical experience, you can pull and swap this engine. The only special tool may need to borrow/rent is an engine hoist. If you do some work on your vehicle already, you probably have everything else you will require. This guide is not heavy on pictures, and so it assumes you have some basic knowledge - but even if you don't - there is enough information that you should be able to figure it out.

This guide was written as a QR25DE from an 2005 Altima was swapped in to a 2003 Sentra Spec-V that was destroyed due to Nissan's Pre-Cat problem. It includes virtually all of the torque specifcations for the major fasteners removed during tear down. No hunting through the FSM.

Removing the engine from the Sentra is a very easy procedure. Basic things you will need:

- Engine Hoist
- Jack
- Compressor
- Air Gun
- Torque Wrench
- Breaker Bar (Could be helpful!)
- Basic Wrenches, Sockets & Extensions
- Fuel Line Disconnect Tool

Note: The knock sensors on the Altima are different than on the Sentra. You need to swap them so the harness can be connected. All other sensor connectors will work. If your replacement engine came from a Sentra, well, no issues presumably.

There are two other pages in the PDF which illustrate the engine wiring harness layout and identify the purpose of each connection.

Happy engine swapping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM
MattspecV

Garage
Not really a FAQ, but perhaps this should be a sticky for people wanting to do this? I suppose a sufficient search should bring this thread up too though.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
AnalyseThis

(Thread Starter)
Yeah it is not an FAQ at all. But I think it would be a pretty reasonable helper to someone who had to take on the project. The FSM is great if you understand everything it is asking, but it's not exactly an FAQ either by any stretch. I used the FSM as a guide, and especially for torque specifications. Looking that stuff up takes time.

I've never touched the Sentra Spec-V until having to pull the motor. So I initially started to write it just so I'd know what I had done, what was needed to be done, etc in case I needed info when I went to put it back in. Haha. Anyhow, it's a very easy motor to remove so I think it's a great engine to remove as your first. I've done several, all more complicated as they were turbo vehicles. So this removal was straight forward.

Hopefully if someone wants to swap or replace their QR25DE engine, this information will be helpful to them. Even to a beginner.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-30-2012, 10:51 AM
cherries jubely

Garage
awesome
post #5 of 6 Old 05-05-2015, 10:50 PM
mboro19

Just a heads up, as I did the swap over the weekend... There are tamper proof bolts on the automatic flexpate of the qr25de that comes from an altima. You can buy the special socket from Kent Moore or Snap On, but in a moment of need you can buy a metric "grip drive" socket set from autozone. They are a little pricey at $25 a set, but they actually worked with an impact on these odd bolts. I've included pics so you can reference what I'm talking about. Also, you will need the (what I think is) the crank position sensor off of your old motor. The altima CPS will not work because the clip is different. Hope this helps someone else down the road.
Attached Images

Last edited by mboro19; 05-05-2015 at 10:53 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-05-2015, 10:57 PM
mboro19

The socket set used for both flywheel and flexpate bolts.
Attached Images

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: