What Caused this? (p0300 misfire code resolved) - Page 2 - Nissan Sentra Forum - B15, B16 and B17 Sentra Forums

post #16 of 20 Old 01-14-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
BomKron
Don't Panic, It's Organic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhnthetik
Hey I had the same problem after I did the B/F screws on my wifes altima. I did the idle relearn SO many times I am a pro at it lol. I checked all the vacuum hoses, and they were all good. I decided it must be unregulated air getting into the intake somewhere AFTER the MAF. So, I pulled the manifold back apart, replaced the gasket with a new one, and what do you know, idled like a champ, didn't even have to do another idle relearn. Did you put a new gasket on the manifold when you reassembled it? I saw that you also installed a TB spacer, did you use new gaskets there? If you didn't, I would definitely recommend ordering the gaskets, tearing it back apart, and installing new gaskets. Make sure you use to proper torque sequence when reinstalling everything! This worked for me, hope you get the same results! Good luck!
Man if thats the case, that really blows....

I read numerous articles about this butterfly fix and nobody stated that that metal gasket would need replacing...I figured it must not be under much pressure so it was a reusable gasket. As far as the TB goes, the only thing that comes close to a gasket is the rubber seal embedded into the back of the TB...

Has anyone had the same problem because of an intake manifold gasket? I'd hate to rip apart the entire thing again and have it not solve the problem.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated

2002 Molten Spec V
NISMO | AEM | Megan Racing | Hotshot | JimmyBARS | Unorthodox Racing | TechnoSquare | JJgraphiX Designs

RIP: Ford SVT Focus, Mazda MP3
Custom Decals and Graphic Design: Visit www.jjgraphix.org or e-mail me at jjgraphix@gmail.com if interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Syhnthetik

Mine was not a metal gasket, it was a cardboard type gasket, which is what you will get if you order a new one. I would seriously consider this as being your cause, like I said, I went crazy trying to figure it out.

02 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Supercharged
306.3whp and 264.1tq at 9.5psi
post #18 of 20 Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
BomKron

(Thread Starter)
Well before I rip it apart, I can always use the old school intake manifold leak test....

Spray some of that starter-helper fluid around the intake manifold with the car turned on and see if the rpms start to rise. If they do, that means there's a leak around the gasket and it's sucking in small amounts of the fluid vapors and it needs to be replaced

2002 Molten Spec V
NISMO | AEM | Megan Racing | Hotshot | JimmyBARS | Unorthodox Racing | TechnoSquare | JJgraphiX Designs

Custom Decals and Graphic Design: Visit www.jjgraphix.org or e-mail me at jjgraphix@gmail.com if interested

post #19 of 20 Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
BomKron

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhnthetik
Mine was not a metal gasket, it was a cardboard type gasket, which is what you will get if you order a new one. I would seriously consider this as being your cause, like I said, I went crazy trying to figure it out.
I just got back from the dealer and its a thin metal gasket.... just like the one that's on my spec right now....

I'm not sure which gasket you have, or if you're talking about the same one but perhaps they gave you the wrong gasket?

2002 Molten Spec V

post #20 of 20 Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Syhnthetik

Nah, it might be different cause this was on my wifes altima, although I am pretty sure that it is the same intake mani that is on my spec. Either way I don't care if its metal or the cardboard type material, it works lol. Did you try the "old school manifold leak test"?

02 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Supercharged
306.3whp and 264.1tq at 9.5psi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: