B15 Sentra Forum banner

most inexpensive way to upgrade?

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Carterspec v 
#1 ·
so i looked at turbos, i looked and nos, i checked out i/h/e and it seems to me like none of these offer very good hp gains for the price, i don't have 4500 i can spend on a turbo and from what i've seen on 1/4 mile times nos is just a complete waste of money, i/h/e seems to be a good start but again $700+ for 20hp??? seems over the top, i really need some advice on the best way to modify my 02 QR for the lowest price possible.

please don't come here and tell me treadstone turbo is the way to go, i won't even dignify it with a response, i simply can't afford those and even if i could i wouldn't put a $4000 turbo in a $2500 car

#2 ·
well then, reverse psycology. how much power do you really want, or how fast do you want your car to be, say in the quarter mile? or how much do you really want to spend to get the best made in china for your buck? i mean really, if you dont want to turbo, you probably wont want to supercharge, and you dont have enough money to vq swap, i dont think theres much options left other than keeping it na, and your ihe moto. i paid less than $250 for a full exhaust made in china, and an intake.

#5 ·
piping matters, especially if its an fi-r header, thats 20+hp over stock header, not the 7hp from ebay headers, sometimes its more than just a name. regardless, if you want quality, you still need to have a goal in mind, turbo and na have different manifolds ;)

so its not bad that you got a 50shot of nos, youll just wish it was a 75shot or more after you get your turbo build ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.