B15 Sentra Forum banner

xe vs gxe

11K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  00sentraxe 
#1 ·
whats the difference between an xe and a gxe sentra. Turns out I have an xe after all.

#5 ·
I don't know about other years, but the differences between the XE and GXE in 2002 are as follows:

XE: black door handles & side-view mirrors
GXE: body-colored door handles & side-view mirrors

XE: AM-FM stereo with cassette player
GXE: AM-FM stereo with single CD player

XE: manual/roll-down windows
GXE: power windows (and door locks, too)

XE: no flip-up cubby hole cover on dashboard
GXE: flip-up cover & storage area in center of dashboard

As far as I can tell, the XE also has a different type of fabric on the seats and the GXE also had an available "Synergy Package" that was not an option for the XE. I don't know if the XE has it, but my GXE also has a special compartment between the interior reading lamps where you can store a pair of sunglasses.

#9 ·
adc100 said:
Wow, my se doesn't have a sunglass hlder.
According to the '00 brochure, you had to get an GXE with the Luxury Package or an SE with the Performance Package.

#10 ·
Edmunds.com ought to give you decent info for your car. You can browse by manufacturer>year>model>trim.

Standard XE features in 2001:
Bucket Seats Center Console
Power Brakes Rear Window Defroster
1.8L I4 DOHC 16V FI Engine 14 Inch Wheels
5-Speed Manual Transmission Steel Wheels
Driver and Passenger Front Airbags Cloth Seats
Rear Bench Seat Tilt Steering Wheel
Intermittent Windshield Wipers

GXE added:
Clock
Tachometer
Cruise Control
Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Power Exterior Mirrors
AM/FM/CD Audio System

#11 ·
Noshonogo said:
GXE added:
Clock
Tachometer
Cruise Control
Air Conditioning
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Power Exterior Mirrors
AM/FM/CD Audio System

I know about most of these things being standard on the GXE, but the demo I drove (a 2002 GXE) did not have cruise control. I also dug out my old window sticker and looked at the features on the '02 GXE and cruise control was not something included; although it was available as a separate dealer-installed option that year.

When I bought mine, it came with the car as part of the "Synergy Package" - that also added the rear deck spoiler, fog lamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel & gear shift knob, overhead sunglasses holder & map lights, upgraded 7-speaker stereo system; as well as those nifty 15-inch alloy wheels and 60-series tires.

#13 ·
Jeff Kleb said:

I know about most of these things being standard on the GXE, but the demo I drove (a 2002 GXE) did not have cruise control. I also dug out my old window sticker and looked at the features on the '02 GXE and cruise control was not something included; although it was available as a separate dealer-installed option that year.

When I bought mine, it came with the car as part of the "Synergy Package" - that also added the rear deck spoiler, fog lamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel & gear shift knob, overhead sunglasses holder & map lights, upgraded 7-speaker stereo system; as well as those nifty 15-inch alloy wheels and 60-series tires.
Meh... maybe Edmunds aren't so accurate. I don't have any reason to fault your memory and I can't imagine the stealership taking the time to jam a "G" onto the trunk of a Sentra. The "G" adds about as much weight as it does prestige.

#14 ·
Noshonogo said:
I don't have any reason to fault your memory and I can't imagine the stealership taking the time to jam a "G" onto the trunk of a Sentra. The "G" adds about as much weight as it does prestige.

Hey, I faulted my own memory......which is why I got out the old window sticker from my car; just to be sure.
:cool:

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."

#16 ·
Haha, I've been bringing back slightly old threats lately, but as I have nothing better to do at work..

I have the 2000 XE.. but it came with body-colored door handles, still black mirrors. Came with the flip-up console in the dash, but not sunglass holder, and 14" hubs. Dunno about different fabrics.. my neighbor has a 03 GXE (I think that's the year), but her seats are a different color, never paid attention to fabric.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.