B15 Sentra Forum banner

Summer Rubber

12K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  954SpecV 
#1 ·
Well, its time to wrap the 18s in something more suitable for the hot months ahead.

I'm looking for some opinions on these tires:

-Goodyear Eagle GT
-Falken FK452

I am also wondering about the brand Nitto. Does anyone have anything good to say about these tires?

#3 ·
What is important to you? Tread life, dry grip, road noise, etc.

452's are decent tires for the price, but I just switched over to BFG KDW's and love the grip they provide, however they are a bit noisy. Have you looked at the Yoko s.drives? They are one of my favorite tires so far.

#4 ·
Yeah I read about those Yokohoma's in a different part of this forum. I will look around and see if any are available in my rim size, as well as the KDW.

My tire size is 225/40ZR18. I went and quoted the Falkens at over $1200. Out of my price range...no dice. Gotta stay below a grand.

The Eagle GTs came in just under $1000. From what I listed I am guessing I'll get the most tread life out of these. I also know another Spec V running aftermarket 17's and he loves them.

I ended up looking at the Nitto NT555 which has a big sale at Kal Tire right now....$850. The guy even recommended them over the Falkens.

Because I have winter tires that I bought this year as well I am all for dry grip. Don't really need all season but I wont disapprove any suggestions. Tread life shouldn't be a big deal because work is only 15 minutes away, but it is always a bonus.

Definitely want to go for a ZR though.

#9 ·
I want to replace my Falken FK 452's as well (badly worn out)...either with some newer ones, or something different. I want tires that won't require me to slow down in the rain, and I used to have that effect with the Bridgestone Potenza RE950's I had on my 78 Mercury Zephyr with 15" Mustang GT Cobra Turbines on it. I have pretty much owned Bridgestone/Firestone and Fuzion Tires on almost every car and truck I have ever owned, but I don't know anything about the newer product lines, and if there are cheaper alternatives available from other brands now...

#10 ·
Just a little update...

I bought some Fuzion UHP's in a 215/45 17 from PMC Tire in Sherbrooke Quebec. They were at a price I couldn't refuse, came with free shipping, and so far, I haven't had any buyers remorse. I had had Fuzion ZRi's on my modded Focus ZX3 years ago, and absolutely loved them. The UHP is the replacement for them currently. They look cool, have boatloads of grip in both the dry and the wet, and aren't harsh or loud to drive with either.

I would reccomend these tires to anyone with a need for summer/ hp all-seasons tire on a budget.

#11 ·
After putting about 2500km's on the Fuzion UHP's, I can say that they have performed pretty much to my expectation, with the exception of their Hydroplane resistance...not as good as I would have liked, but other than that, they track very well in the rain, and are stunning on dry, especially when warmed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.