B15 Sentra Forum banner

o2 sensor wiring

26K views 46 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul L 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey I am looking for some help on re wiring an o2 sensor. I bought a universal Bosch o2 sensor (Part #15730) Because I am getting a P0133 Code (Bank 1 Sensor 1), I dont have the harness anymore cuz it melted (dont ask lol) so I cut the cables. There's 4 wires that went to the blue connector, here are the colors of the wires...

1) Black
2) Blue with Red Stripe
3) Green with yellow stripe
4) Red with Blue Stripe

Now, on the instructions for the universal sensor, it shows this table...

I cant figure out which cable goes where. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Juan

See less See more
#3 ·
^^Thanks but where did you get that from? You say black is ground but on the table above there is no Black on the OE Sensor Colums for the ground one, same for the signal one. It is very confusing. anybody else? I looked into the FSM but could not find any diag. I found one but I could not understand it.

Thanks

#6 ·
Does your car have 4 02 sensors? Nissan change the GXE from 4 to 2 02 sensors but I don't remember when. If so you are looking at the one on the passenger side, right?

It looks like Nissan changed the wire colors.

B= Black (which is the ground wire)
G= Green (which is the signal wire)
GY/L is Gray with Blue strip ( I don't know, maybe the ground wire to turn on the heater)
L/R is Blue with Red strip (is the power for the heater)

I would like someone else to verify before Ar6entino wires it up. I am not 100% sure I am right.

Ar6entino try calling Bosch and ask for some help or ask your local dealer, just an idea.

#10 ·
Ar6entino said:
I checked under EC and went to wiring diag for Bank 1 and came up with his like before i said but i cant understand that image lol
here it is...
G ..is O2 Signal to ECU (terminal #94, referenced elsewhere in FSM)
B ..is Ground
L/R ..is Power (.. from positive battery post)
GY/L ..(must be for Heater.. doesn't seem like a ground.. it goes to ECU so i think this is how the ECU knows when the Heater is malfunctioning)

i'm not really sure what that "barrel"-looking cylinder is going to ground #F36 ..i believe it means the body of O2 Sensor is grounded via exhaust system??

I had this same guessing game when wiring up my O2Simulator.com electronic O2 sim to my two secondary O2 sensors.

The problem is Nissan, Bosch, & other vendors all have Different verbiage/nomenclature for the 4 wires!

Remember, the wire colors above are on the harness-side going to ECU..
..the harness-side going to O2 Sensor have different color wires.

--Guessing (referring to Bosch Wire Color Reference Table)--
Bosch -> Nissan
Signal Wire = G
Heater Wires = L/R ..and.. GY/L
Ground Wire = B

Good luck.

::edit:: oh.. and refer to JCrow's post for Color decoding.. L=Blue, according to Nissan! ..ok sure..

#11 ·
I went out to my car to check the other ending on those connectors, the side that goes down to the o2 sensor, and all the wires were the same so i matched the wires with those on the pic i posted on the post b4 and this is what i came up with this... Let me know if i am right.

Thanks

#14 ·
from the instrution sheet you posted and the wiring diagram from the FSM

QUOTE:
i'm not really sure what that "barrel"-looking cylinder is going to ground #F36 ..i believe it means the body of O2 Sensor is grounded via exhaust system??

It means that the wire is shielded (like a co-axial) and grounded by terminal no. F36

#15 ·
SENTRA GTU said:
WIRE COLORS

Bosch Sensor Sentra Harness Circuit

Black to Green (Signal)
Gray to Black (Ground)
White to Blue/Red (Heater)
White to Gray/Blue (Heater)
But there is no Gray/Blue wire. There's Green/yellow, Red with blue, Blue with red, and black.

I'm so confused id ont know what to do

#19 ·
where? I didnt see it.

Well I went out and checked to see how it is connected right not(Sensor 1) and its like this...

White----Green/yellow stripe
Gray-----Black
White----Blue/Red stripe
Black----Red/blue stripe

is something wrong connected?

#20 · (Edited)
Numbers are for the pin number, first color is on the sensor side of the connector, second color is on the ecu side of the connector, lastly is the wire's purpose

Your Bank1 sensor 1 wire colors are:
3 - White (Blu/Red) - Heater +12V
2 - White (Gry/Blu) - Heater Ground
1 - Black (Grn) - O2 signal
4 - Gray (Black) - O2 signal Ground

Your Bank2 sensor 2 wire colors are:
2 - White (Red/Black) - Heater Ground
1 - Black (Wht) - O2 signal

Your Bank1 sensor 2 wire colors are:
2 - White (Grn/Yel) - Heater Ground
1 - Black (Red/Blu) - O2 signal

Your Bank2 sensor 2 wire colors are:
2 - White (Wht/Red) - Heater Ground
1 - Black (Blu) - O2 signal

#25 ·
jcrow said:
page EC-230 show that to be the HO2S2 bank 1

look on page GI-17 for wire color codes......
See my updated post above for colors (sensors side and ecu side of connector), which pin and sensor they go to, as well as the purpose of each wire. If you managed to mix up wires of the same color from different sensors, it's time to trace the wires all the way back to the ecu...

#26 ·
MN01GXE said:
Numbers are for the pin number, first color is on the sensor side of the connector, second color is on the ecu side of the connector, lastly is the wire's purpose

Your Bank1 sensor 1 wire colors are:
2 - White (Gry/Blu) - Heater Ground
1 - Black (Grn) - O2 signal
Thanks This is my setup now...

3 - White (Green/yellow stripe)
2 - White (Blue/red stripe)
1 - Black (Red/blue stripe)
4 - Gray (Black)

So first i have to check with one of the white ones is the one that reads +12V and make sure its on the right place and then fix the black wire to be where it should.

I will try and do this tonite, if i still get a code, then i assume driving with the car like this damaged the o2 sensor so i would get a new one, i still go with univ. since i have to cut the wires anyways.

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.