B15 Sentra Forum banner

4 to 5 Lug Adapter, safe or no ?

6K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  i68k 
#1 ·
Simple question I suppose.
Would like to, as many other, switch to a 5 lug bolt pattern.

Ive done some research and found the most effective way is to do a maxima axle swap ...

But looking around, and what not, came across a 4 to 5 lug adapter plate...similar to a wheel spacer:

Also, on that one above, it says its 1.8" thick ...would that be a problem ?

Would these be 100% safe for DD ?
100% safe for AutoX ?

Thanks for looking and any responses .... just figuring things out I suppose.

See less See more
#2 ·
thestunts05spec said:
Simple question I suppose.
Would like to, as many other, switch to a 5 lug bolt pattern.

Ive done some research and found the most effective way is to do a maxima axle swap ...

But looking around, and what not, came across a 4 to 5 lug adapter plate...similar to a wheel spacer:

Also, on that one above, it says its 1.8" thick ...would that be a problem ?

Would these be 100% safe for DD ?
100% safe for AutoX ?

Thanks for looking and any responses .... just figuring things out I suppose.
You want 5 lugs, either change out the required parts or buy a car that came with them.......................................

#3 ·
JFP in PA said:
You want 5 lugs, either change out the required parts or buy a car that came with them.......................................
I knew this would happen ...
I tried searching first ... but didnt see an answer as to if those adapter plates are safe or not.

Still didnt answer my three(3) questions....

Thanks anywho.

#5 ·
i used to own a 240sx until not too long ago... and i had those... they are 100% safe... once you put it on they will not move... or rattle... the only thing is that the offset would be different now because like you said its 1 inch and 8 something thick... so if you put a regular rim its going to stick out mexican style...

#6 ·
Thanks for the feedback bro, appreciate it.
All I was looking for ....

If anyone else has experience with these, let us know if it was a bad or good experience.

And yea ...the almost 2 inch offset is crazy ...that by itself, makes me not want to do it ... i was just looking into things.

#12 ·
I have no idea if they're safe or not, but I wouldn't do it. Just do the actual conversion and the work to do it right, or just stick to wheels that fit. Just my $0.02 though.

BTW, was there a specific reason you want/need 5 lug? Specific wheel, etc.? Also if you were going to autocross, these wouldn't be legal for STX. Just an FYI.

#13 ·
I saw a 5 lug wheel that was cool....and at the same time saw someone saying they have those adpater plates which Ive seen before. So i thought i'd pose the question if they were safe or not, more so for other people down the road ...

P.S. the wheels i found in 5, are offered in 4 in the size I need, and bolt pattern so I dont need these....was just curious.

#15 ·
Well I'm not doing it .... i was considering it, then decided not worth it anymore.

Plus my B14 is all ripped to $h*t since it was stolen, and I was planning on getting an SR20 in there, but now, i'm gonna save up for a VQ swap into that car.

** so help me out here, and buy the stuff I have for sale **

#16 ·
There's no reason for it to be unsafe... they are very common on the 240sx community... and the only way that they are unsafe is if you dont tighten them right... and they ''usually'' sell with different offset.. so if iw as you i would keep on looking...

#17 ·
I had a set on my s10 so I could put a wheel of a differant 5 lug pattern on there, the aluminum actually started splitting and lugs were pulling through. I got rid of them.

That was on normal driving, so im guessing auto-x would beat the living SH*T outta them.

#20 ·
yea, as far as the autocross thing, you might want to check the regulations. as for daily driving they are similar to spacers, most studs are already long enough to support something like 1/4" to 1/2" spacer safely. anything over that and you usually want longer studs to be on the safe side, but i don't know about this thing. this is the only reason i would not consider this mod, i don't want the crazy offset and have the 'mexican' look as posted earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.