B15 Sentra Forum banner

Automatic Transmission Problems

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Freshlysqueezed 
#1 ·
My tranny has been bucking pretty hard when going from 1st to 2nd. My mods are cai, header, pulley, full exhaust, and 50 shot nx....I rarely spray. Now the odd part is that sometimes it shifts really hard and sometimes it shift as smoothly as it did years ago. I am thinking that maybe it could be one of the gazillion sensors, or is this off base? Is my logic faulty in believing that if it were a mechanical disturbance the problem would occur consistently?
Any help is appreciated.
-J

#2 ·
The question is not "if you spray often" but more "do you spray between shifts???", something kinda out of control with automtic tranny...

You might try Mobil1 Synthetic ATF also...

#3 ·
Get the Level 10 valve body work done. Now my rpm's only drop about 500 or so from 1st to 2nd to 3rd. I always hated being very close to the next gear and it slams into it. The valve body fixed that believe it or not. Shifts are alot faster and smoother......Mike

#6 ·
my car does it too some times. i only have a exhaust and a replacement filter. i haven't really noticed a pattern when it does it but i doesn't really bother me too much. at first i thought my car needed to change the tranny oil but after i had it flushed (30k service) it kept doing it so i figured it was something normal.

#8 ·
How many miles? Fluid ever been changed? If not, have a T-Tec (trademark name for full fluid flush) done. Still there after that, look into the Level10 valve body as suggested.

#11 ·
I'm not too familiar with the auto trans or whether a Consult II can read any sensor codes from it or not. Might be worth askin if anyone here knows or maybe check with your favorite service folks.

#12 ·
#13 ·
#14 ·
hmm...I think my tranny does the same thing too. It rarely happens but when it does, it scares the crap out of me. It's like I'm in first gear and I floor it then it hits the rev limiter hard and the car bucks/jerks uncomfortably, bounces back a couple RPMS and kind of waits a second or two to upshift? Is this what you're talking about? Because I think I've seen a thread about it. I don't think its because you have mods...cause my car does it and I'm bone stock.

Not sure about your tranny though cause I have an auto SE-R. My car usually shifts nicely and when I'm easy on it. But sometimes it shifts hard. I havent experienced that 1st to 2nd gear jerk lately, but I guess its always good to inquire about it to the the dealership or change your ATF.

#15 ·
hey all...just in case someone else has any similar problems it turned out to be a bad "dropping resistor" ... the component that puts the 12v from the battery to the 5v for the tranny...or so i was told...anyway, it was a 60 $ part :rolleyes: and really easy to locate and replace...big ceramic resistor.

#16 ·
jmac2043 said:
hey all...just in case someone else has any similar problems it turned out to be a bad "dropping resistor" ... the component that puts the 12v from the battery to the 5v for the tranny...or so i was told...anyway, it was a 60 $ part :rolleyes: and really easy to locate and replace...big ceramic resistor.
Weird, b/c I would bet that a LOT of other ppl have had similar probs w/ their autos. I did but it went away once I installed my MMI. But I'm glad you got it fixed.

#17 ·
jmac2043 said:
That's good news for sure. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.