B15 Sentra Forum banner

those who financed through NMAC

11K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  just1pepsi 
#1 ·
Called up customer service because I was afraid that my first payment was going to be late, its due today(25th). The damn statement came like last Thursday and so I mailed out the payment on Monday, sent to L.A. Unfortunently, they havent received the payment yet! Well, the lady on the phone told me that there is a nine day grace period after the due date. I am aware of grace periods, but on the statement, there was no mention about it. So I assumed that the grace period was built into the due date. I just want to make sure this person is not full of herself.

Those of you who know, please help! Dont really want to call again, I was on hold for a long time.

#2 ·
You're fine, they do give you an unstated grace period after the due date on your bill. After 9 days I am assuming they will report you to a credit agency. It's not uncommon, my student loans give me a 15 day grace period after the date that appears on the statement.

#7 ·
call them and make a payment. i call them when it is due and pay. if it is before midnight (central) on the day it is due then it goes throught that night. if you are after midnight then it is processed the next day. havent missed a payment yet. :) just to let you know you can do it by personal check for 1.95 and credit card for 12.95. of course i do it by check.

#8 ·
I've never failed to recieve the monthly statement from NMAC. It usually arrives two weeks before my payment is due (15th).

The grace period is true.

#10 ·
You are fine... most places don't report it to the credit agency right away. The one that really impacts you if you are 30 days late. Also, they might charge you a late fee just because you are late. Toyota freakin charged me a late fee for being a few hours late!!!

#12 ·
dandan said:
Called up customer service because I was afraid that my first payment was going to be late, its due today(25th). The damn statement came like last Thursday and so I mailed out the payment on Monday, sent to L.A. Unfortunently, they havent received the payment yet! Well, the lady on the phone told me that there is a nine day grace period after the due date. I am aware of grace periods, but on the statement, there was no mention about it. So I assumed that the grace period was built into the due date. I just want to make sure this person is not full of herself.

Those of you who know, please help! Dont really want to call again, I was on hold for a long time.
U will be fine they will get it soon enough, but yeah forget about the mail next time, they do let u pay over the phone w/ check and its automated and is only $1+some additional.

#13 ·
Cool! Thanks for all the replies. Yeah, I told the customer service person that I wanted to sign up for the signature DirectPay service. They're going to send out the forms and info, should be here in a weeks time. Probably wont take into effect until my next, next payment because the lady told me that it takes about 15 business days to process the whole thing.

#14 ·
Bluese-r said:
Get it automatically deducted from your checking account each month then you wont have to worry about it.
Word.

#15 ·
Try the pay by phone method.. It will take the money outta your account by 12pm the night you send the electronic payment "either CC or electronic check" I never understood why it costs so much to use the CC service.. But I always use the electronic check service anyway..

#16 ·
i as well have it deducted from my checking account every month...and my girlfriend as well has it taken from the checking account...just easier....hers is on the 9th and mine is on the 10th.....and most places give you a 9 / 10 day grace period

#20 ·
dont worry about it. Mine is due the 7th of every month and I've sent my payments in like 3 days before it was due. There is a grace period that they allow you. I think i am the only one that gets their bill mailed to me early. They send me my statement 2 weeks before the payment is due.

#23 ·
problem I have is that I move a LOT and it would be difficult to ensure that every company that bills me knows that I'm moving. So I still have all my bills sent to my parents house, and they forward them to me. However, I havn't been to visit them in two months because I have been so unbelievably busy with senior design and VLSI. Because of this, they won't sent me my mail, they want me to go there and get it, I just don't have the time to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.