B15 Sentra Forum banner

Headlight Assembly Removal Question

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Scarface65 
#1 ·
I've done a search and found some of the information I need but not all. I'm replacing my headlight assemblies this weekend and ordered the black clear corner ones. To remove the old ones I know that all I need to do is remove the two bolts on the top and the little green tab in the lower corner. I understand that I'll likely break that tab taking the headlights off. I called Nissan and they say that part is only available as part of the entire housing and is not sold separately. Do I really need them? Somewhere I read that the aftermarket assemblies are nice and sturdy without it (with just the two top bolts. Any other tips or advice would be appreciated. Also, I don't want to remove the front bumber to do any of this. Thanks.

#7 ·
i got mine in..thnx guys. yeah...the passenger side clip gave me more trouble than the driver's side...but i got them out and got the new headlights in. they look better and so far the silicone seal i put on the seam (clear meets black) kept them from fogging in the rain yesterday...i'm about to go and wash my car so hopefully that will be a better test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.